Top 50 Virtualisation Blog Voting has begun.

Discussion in 'Virtual and Cloud Computing' started by SimonD, Jan 24, 2012.

1. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

Chaps,

As some of you know I provide a Virtualisation blog over at Everything Virtual, it's been running for just over a year and in that time I have managed to post over 60 post, had 99 comments and average over 3000 visitors a month and over 7000 page views.

Every year Eric Siebert provides a vote for the top 25 VMware and Virtualisation blogs, this year due to there being over 180 blogs been listed he has increased that to the Top 50 blogs, now obviously I am not in the same league as such greats as Duncan Epping or Simon Long or Simon Seagrave but I like to think that my little slice of the virtualisation blog cake offers up some help and assistance for people.

If you use the blog and like the content would you mind voting for it? Go to my blog for more information and a link out to Eric Sieberts website.

Many thanks.

Simon

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
  2. craigie

craigie Terabyte Poster

Haha, love people who pimp themselves out.

Will place a vote for you mate :)

Certifications: CCA | CCENT | CCNA | CCNA:S | HP APC | HP ASE | ITILv3 | MCP | MCDST | MCITP: EA | MCTS:Vista | MCTS:Exch '07 | MCSA 2003 | MCSA:M 2003 | MCSA 2008 | MCSE | VCP5-DT | VCP4-DCV | VCP5-DCV | VCAP5-DCA | VCAP5-DCD | VMTSP | VTSP 4 | VTSP 5
  3. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

It's all about getting a name for myself, I really do want to push for my vExpert :).. oh and I am an ex contractor so am used to pimping myself out :)

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
  4. ThomasMc

ThomasMc Gigabyte Poster

Done, good luck Simon, I was going to pop mines in but didn't fancy going toe to toe with Alan, Luc, Glenn, Arnim van Lieshout and Jonathan :D maybe next year I'll grow a set

Certifications: MCDST|FtOCC
    WIP: MCSA(70-270|70-290|70-291)
  5. craigie

craigie Terabyte Poster

Why not mate, if you are good then let the world know. Also you are putting yourself out their to be critiqued by your fellow IT professionals which is a brave thing to do.

I recently had just had my largest piece of design work examined by four architects who will be running the infrastructure when we hand the project over, it involved VMware 5 Enterprise, VMware Operations Manager, Exchange DAG's, Exchange NLBs, SQL Cluster, VMware Site Recovery Manager, 2 x HP 3PAR F400, Citrix XenApp 6.5 Farm, Streaming Applications, Veeam and tonnes of other stuff and they didn't come back with any changes. I was fairly nervous as you have to stand your ground on design decisions.

Certifications: CCA | CCENT | CCNA | CCNA:S | HP APC | HP ASE | ITILv3 | MCP | MCDST | MCITP: EA | MCTS:Vista | MCTS:Exch '07 | MCSA 2003 | MCSA:M 2003 | MCSA 2008 | MCSE | VCP5-DT | VCP4-DCV | VCP5-DCV | VCAP5-DCA | VCAP5-DCD | VMTSP | VTSP 4 | VTSP 5
  6. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Done :)

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  7. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

Absolutely and thats why they have the defence panels on the VCDX, well done on the design, are you also implementing it all?

8. craigie

craigie Terabyte Poster

Parts of it, I'm responsible for writing the project plan, project management and project delivery. We have a really short time from to deliver so I can't get involved with everything which is a shame.

From the techie part, I will be configuring the VMware environment with a colleague, normal stuff such as the Fabric switches, zoning, multi pathing, vMotion, FT, DRS, DPM, VUM. Just checked the project plan and I have over 100 tasks just for configuring the VMware side of things!

HP have to configure the 3PAR but the CPG's Host Groups, Virtual Volume Groups and Remote Copy will be my design and I will mirror them.

We will be using a third party to do the SRM, but again I will be mirroring them.

All the MS stuff, I can do, but this will be done by some colleagues as time is against us.

Citrix isn't my strongest point, so all of this is being done by a colleague.

9. Steve.L

Steve.L Byte Poster

Vote done, really like your blog, good luck with VCDX

Steve.L

Certifications: N+, MCP, MCTS, RHCT, VCP4 and 5, RHCSA
    WIP: ccna
  10. SimonV
    Honorary Member

SimonV Petabyte Poster Gold Member

Its a nice blog mate, might even look better with a reciprocal link to CF> :)

Certifications: MOS Master 2003, CompTIA A+, MCSA:M, MCSE
    WIP: Keeping CF Alive...
  11. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

you have a blog????
    ;)

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  12. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

Done :)

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2015