took it today, failed by 50marks. some qns i'm confused with:

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by silentjess, Jan 18, 2008.

1. silentjess

silentjess Bit Poster

yeah, ok. removed.

Certifications: MCDST
    WIP: MCSA, MCSE
  2. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Unfortunately people shouldn't really be giving you the answer as it violates the rules of the exam.

I have looked at some of your questions and I would have answered differently to some of your answers. MAybe you were not prepared enough you can always try again. Good Luck next time :)

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  3. silentjess

silentjess Bit Poster

isnt this suppose to be sharing info, why you would choose it and we can explain and say maybe that's right?

4. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

Actually, posting questions from the Exam, and talking about the question you got is a violation of the NDA itself.

Please remove the questions, and specific details of the exam from your original post.

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present
  5. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

Thanks. We can help you out in the forum, and we're all happy to (Welcome to the forum by the way) - we just need to be careful you dont violate your NDA and get yourself and CF into trouble.

So what areas of the MCDST are you weakest on?

What you can do, is think of the subjects/processes that you encountered in the exam and ask us for help where you dont understand a particular process. So, for example, if you are having problems with, say, how to configure remote desktop connections between machines, review the information in your texts on the matter, and ask us for clarification on any points that you dont understand.

What materials are you using to study? Often a failure could be attributed to substandard textbooks, not covering the material you need. It may be that we can suggest a better text for you to use.

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present
  6. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Sorry you didn't pass the exam this time around. Without violating your NDA, what area of information would you say you need to study more to pass next time?

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  7. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Too bad, my condolences. However failing the exam by only 50 points isn't too bad - you're almost there, so somemore practice and studying :study and you'll get there.

Just think you'd really would have kicked yourself if you failed by 1 point :)

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  8. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

All good advice, above. Please know that we're here to help you... and that includes not only helping you understand exam concepts, but also keeping your certifications (past and future) safe with respect to the NDA you electronically signed when you took the exam.

I wish you the best of luck on your next attempt!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  9. sunn

sunn Gigabyte Poster

Sounds like you're pretty close... Don't put off another attempt too long, but make sure you review the weaker topics thoroughly. Good Luck next time…

10. silentjess

silentjess Bit Poster

thanks guys!!

greenbrucelee: yeah, its like, they want it the ms way of doing things. try with their applications then go down to the core.

Fergal1982: thanks! hmm i was weak in the adaptors and not sure of the menus and stuff. like not remembering security is for active x stuff and privacy for cookies and the high, medium-high, medium, low levels..which i now do remember! hehe.
    after i got some encouragement and tell myself maybe i can do this. its easy. i picked up the ms book and read it from top to bottom. helpful indeed.
    i realise, me just relying on 'dumps' and 'kings' don't work. having an understanding really is much better.

tripwire45: hmm. i think i needed to remember dns, dhcp, icf, icf, ics, my 2nd attempt didn't have outlook. i think they sort of knew my weak side and gave me all the questions i hated - simple sharing, NTFS, multiboot, i even had EFS coming for me. and my weakest, VPN. (i hope i didn't violate by mentioning too much..sorry)

wagnerk: damn! yeah! -1 point would be a killer!

BostonMichael: sniff. thanks man. u're postings are good advices, i read.

sunn: thanks! i passed this time! i'm mcdst! i kinda want to restudy 70-291 as i didn't like the marks i got. its not sufficient. i feel i don't know it completely its like, a chance, not based on knowledge.

11. antr

antr Bit Poster

can beat that :twisted:

failed by 25 marks today :dry

Certifications: n/a :(
    WIP: MCDST, A+
  12. silentjess

silentjess Bit Poster

aw damn!
    nvm, i'm sure ya gonna post '1000MARKS' very very soon. :P