Too soon for MCSA Windows 8?

Discussion in 'Windows 7 / 8 /10 Client Exams' started by ledzepploid, Oct 25, 2012.

1. ledzepploid

ledzepploid Bit Poster

I am going to start studying for my first Microsoft certification (I already have A+), would I be best off doing 680+685 or the windows 8 equivalent 687+688 exams? This is with the view of attaining an entry level position next year.

Thanks.

2. jvanassen

jvanassen Kilobyte Poster

Personally i would do the Windows 7 exams, i don't think many businesses will be rushing out to upgrade to windows 8 on desktops and laptops if ever at all! We certainly wont be.

Certifications: CompTIA A+, Network+, CCENT
    WIP: ICND2 200-101
  3. RichyV

RichyV Megabyte Poster

Yeah, I'd say too soon.

Stick with Win7 as that's very much business-relevant now and for the foreseeable future. Take the upgrade exam to 8 after you pass 7 if needs be...

HTH

Certifications: B.Sc.(Hons), MBCS. MCP (271,272), MCDST, MCTS (680), MCITP:EDST7, MCSA:WIN7, MCPS, MCNPS
    WIP: 70-686, then onto MCSE: Desktop Infrastructure via MCSA: Server 2012...
  4. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

I'd say its up to you... If you're looking for a job right now, maybe getting the Windows 7 version would help you.. but you can't go wrong with Windows 8 certs... sooner or later they will be adopted. Good luck!

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  5. ledzepploid

ledzepploid Bit Poster

Thanks for the advice. Windows 7 it is. :thumbleft