Too much time on my hands

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by UCHEEKYMONKEY, May 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

UCHEEKYMONKEY R.I.P - gone but never forgotten. Gold Member

I wonder if we should do a thread on the best AV? :rolleyes:

Certifications: Comptia A+
    WIP: Comptia N+
  2. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

i think one was already done... or was that what antivirus you use? :blink

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  3. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

you mean malnomates old AV that baba thought was sexually suggestive? :)

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  4. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

Ever considered studying? I hear it can be quite good for you! :biggrin

5. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

really? I heard you can get a headache from it? :biggrin

What about you simongrahamuk are you studying or do work for NITLC? :blink :dry

6. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

i was going to say cheeky... how about studying or maybe just learning something...

7. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

At the moment I'm preparing a presentation for University on Virtual Learning Environments which I'll be delivering tomorrow. It is the final part of three years of hard work and study!

Why would I work for NITLC? I work for a school! :blink

8. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

Sure what do you suggest - french or cooking? :hhhmmm

9. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

Just wondering?? ..well you know..what baba said.. I guess oh well ... :oops:

Good luck tomorrow, keep us posted of how it went!

Andy :biggrin

10. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

Well look at Microsoft's Technet on Windows XP. Learn something that might help with studying in the future! :biggrin but seriously technet is full of stuff to learn...

Click here for Win XP pro's technet!

11. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Well, every 3 months we have a vote for this. When the voting booth opens you can nominate someone and then when all slots are filled the voting begins. Maybe you've noticed some of the members with titles like 'Members Advisor' etc. These are the choices voted by the members.

As for learning something, maybe try opening a book about IT?

And as for the NITLC references here and in another thread, the people that set up CertForums are in no way associated with them. This forum is totally independant, will always remain so and we fight very hard to keep it that way. We could just as well say the the board is biased towards Australians because one on mods just happens to be one.

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  12. Baba O'Riley

Baba O'Riley Gigabyte Poster

Hmm, I never said anyone here works for NITLC, I said a few of our original members were students of theirs a long time ago.:rolleyes:

[EDIT]Ah, I think I found the confusion. I said
    By staff, I meant CF staff, not NITLC staff (well, at least two staff members anyway).

Certifications: A+, Network+
    WIP: 70-270
  13. AJ

AJ 01000001 01100100 01101101 01101001 01101110 Administrator

Just to settle this little mis-understanding, look at THIS which will explain how CF came onto the interweb.

and for information 3 members of CF staff orginally came from NITLC but as you quite correctly said Baba, this would make no difference.

Certifications: MCSE, MCSA (messaging), ITIL Foundation v3
    WIP: Breathing in and out, but not out and in, that's just wrong
  14. Baba O'Riley

I actually posted a link to that thread in the other thread that I quoted in this thread (!), I guess Monkey boy hasn't seen that one yet.

15. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

I find it hard to believe that NITLC don't have some influence on this website, when there are adverts for them and one of the members here are NITLC salesman. :oops: I mean't course advisor. :hit

16. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

Cert Forums Prides itself on being completely netural to any provider. The site exists to help people in their IT careers, how they go about their career development is up to them. We simply offer a platform for people to share thier knowledge and experiences.

The adverts that you are refering to are generated randomly by Google Ads, and are only tailored to IT as this is an IT site, we do not have any influence over those ads, other than being able to filter ones which are inappropriate to this sites purpose.

Members here come from many different backgrounds, all with a single common value - IT. We work hard to maintain the neutrality of this site and if any member appears to be 'selling' a particular product they will be dealt with in an appropriate manner.

I do hope that you continue to use Cert Forums Andy, and if you have any issues about this site in the future I urge you to contact either myself of one of the other staff members.

Simon. 8)

17. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

Thanks simon for making this clear about the adverts, however the latter is true and I will be in contact to explain my concern.

Andy

18. Baba O'Riley

That's the first I've heard of it. Anyway, if one of our members worked for McDonald's, would you assume Ronald McDonald personally vets all the posts? I assume not.

19. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

Mmmmmmmmmmmmm :hhhmmm

Err aren't you doing a course with NITLC?:confused2

So it wouldn't matter if they did get in contact with you. Anyway the matter is sorted, my mate's pulled out of CF and joined the otherside.

Monkey :blink

20. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Monkey,

Your persisting doubt of both the neutrality of CertForums and the honesty and integrity of it's Staff is really starting to piss me off, and that doesn't happen lightly.

Someone here is a member of staff at NITLC ?? Who ? Prove it ? And you know what - if they are, then so what ?? We take no money from NITLC, Computeach, Skillstrain/ Scheidegger, Aventa (or whatever they are called), LearnDirect, the Open University, your local college ... oh shite, I just mentioned a bunch of companies/ organisations - I must work for them ??!! :blink

As a matter of fact, we have now defended more law suits from training companies than we care to mention, and some of the money that has kindly been given by Premium Members has been required for legal advice in order that we can defend our neutrality and keep CF open for all.

We give ALL training companies the opportunity to openly declare their position and have a representative on here, and as yet only I think 2 individuals have actually done so, and neither are from the above mentioned outfits - rather they are independent or private trainers (sorry if I got that wrong slightly). So if there is someone on CF who happens to be a member of a training company, I can assure you, Monkey, that unless they openly state it clearly in their signature, they get bugger all different treatment from you, your mate, or Joe Latest-Member-to-Certforums.

If that doesn't please you or suit you, then maybe we aren't the board for you. Otherwise, if you wish to continue this discussion, please feel free to contact either myself or any Member of Staff via PM. Idle speculation on the public boards wastes everyones' time.

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity