Tonights Dr Who

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by twizzle, Jul 5, 2008.

1. twizzle

twizzle Gigabyte Poster

What a corker of an episode!!!

Best one for Donna, very touching etc etc, almost had the G/f in tears. Very dramatic, makes up for those rubbish last few episodes.

Certifications: Comptia A+, N+, MS 70-271, 70-272
    WIP: Being a BILB,
  2. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Yeah it was good.

I nearly cried into my beer :biggrin

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  3. AJ

AJ 01000001 01100100 01101101 01101001 01101110 Administrator

One word - BRILLIANT

Certifications: MCSE, MCSA (messaging), ITIL Foundation v3
    WIP: Breathing in and out, but not out and in, that's just wrong
  4. Mr Machfisto

Mr Machfisto Nibble Poster

Told you Donna was a timelord, well part timelord!!

Excellent episode, actually had a tear in my eye.

5. kevicho

kevicho Gigabyte Poster

Watched it on tv, and again on iplayer.

Certifications: A+, Net+, MCSA Server 2003, 2008, Windows XP & 7 , ITIL V3 Foundation
    WIP: CCNA Renewal
  6. dales

dales Terabyte Poster

Very good, although I thought that DT wouldnt leaving the regen was a bit cheesey, did it count or didnt it!?

Certifications: vExpert 2014+2015+2016,VCP-DT,CCE-V, CCE-AD, CCP-AD, CCEE, CCAA XenApp, CCA Netscaler, XenApp 6.5, XenDesktop 5 & Xenserver 6,VCP3+5,VTSP,MCSA MCDST MCP A+ ITIL F
    WIP: Nothing
  7. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

I don't think it will count, as he managed to disperse the regeneration energy so he didn't have to change.

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  8. supernova

supernova Gigabyte Poster

Told you that there would be two doctors played by DT, brown and blue suits... :wink:

I was disappointed esp with the Donna half time lord route .... though she sounded a bit naff

Andi

Certifications: Loads
    WIP: Lots
  9. supernova

Nope it doesn't because he didn't really regenerate he healed himself.

Besides that number of lives stuff doesn't really count any more the master lost all his, took others, was brought back with full set again etc etc .. we know there are ways around

Andi

10. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

It was a cracker.

But the best bit for me was to see the back of Tate, who I only found marginally less annoying than Langford.

It was a great ending to a great story, and makes up for some of the recent 'iffy' ones.

With my critical hat on, I was a tad dissapointed when the episode reached a climax and you thought 'how are they going to get out of this one?' when all of a sudden, Donna gets clever, pushes a couple of buttons and - game over.

Surely, even Daleks have some sort of health & safety guidelines that tell them not to put buttons on their consoles that undo all their evil masterplans and at the same time implements a massive self destructing cascade which causes them all to blow up?

Well, if they haven't, they should have.

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  11. twizzle

twizzle Gigabyte Poster

Ahhhh Bonnie Langford...... "i'll scwream and scwream untill i'm sick!" how could we forget her??? (Wasn't she Tom bakers period or john Pertwee?)

Certifications: Comptia A+, N+, MS 70-271, 70-272
    WIP: Being a BILB,
  12. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

Colin Baker, and I think a bit of McCoy.

So it didn't help really...

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  13. kevicho

kevicho Gigabyte Poster

I personally thought Catherine Tate did a good job, lets be honest most fans were sceptical to say the least, if not downright hostile, myself included, but to my surprise her character was more than watchable, if not a bit teary in too many places.

Certifications: A+, Net+, MCSA Server 2003, 2008, Windows XP & 7 , ITIL V3 Foundation
  14. Hades

Hades Nibble Poster

Catherine Tate in the Christmas special was just too annoying and I did hope she would get eaten in the end... oh well:oops:

But during the season she actually supprised me and I found her quite enjoyable and a breath of fresh air compaired to some past companions.

But does that mean micky and Martha could end up joining Torchwood?? seems as they have just lost the Technical genious and the medical posts??!! :blink

Certifications: City & Guilds Diploma in ICT level 2+3
  15. kevicho

kevicho Gigabyte Poster

They will join lol

RTD tying up as many loose ends as possible in the last episode (and readying for TW as well)

16. supernova

Yes... it looks like it may well be the case or at least for part of the next series.

I don't think they will fit into the program .... I cant take them serous enough (if you know what i mean) for a more adult based series.

I find the Martha character annoying, i have only really just decided this (I originally liked her).... its the way she talks in a climax eg " it took me back to the one place i wanted to be... home" .. i cant find a word to explain it ... a part for "over the top" acting

17. supernova

Should be asking why they had buttons in the first place!!!

At least it looks as if they can bring davros back again and dalek caan (however you spell it)
    but lets hope they leave the daleks out for a few series maybe until DT leaves

18. Hades

Hades Nibble Poster

No doubt it will be yet another Emergency Temporal Shift... or something along those lines.

But I do see where your comming from about micky and Martha not quite fitting into Torchwood... never know they mite get eaten by weevils with any luck :twisted:

Certifications: City & Guilds Diploma in ICT level 2+3
  19. postman

postman Byte Poster

I always thought it was KHAAAAAAAAAAN:ohmy

WIP: A+
  20. supernova

Wow i was right i just looked up the Cult of Skaro

Dalek Sec
    Dalek Caan
    Dalek Thay
    Dalek Jast