TOGAF self study

Discussion in 'Other IT certifications' started by JK2447, Jun 10, 2015.

1. JK2447
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

Top Poster
    of the Month

Hi All

Just wondering if anyone has studied for TOGAF certification without attending a course? Are there any CBT's or books you would recommend? I'm fairly sure you can book the exam with Prometric but as its quite costly, $495 USD, this is definitely one you do not want to fail due to poor preparation! I'm not sure why the price is quoted in USD, perhaps as I'm currently in Poland, I don't know.

The Prometric site quotes this:
    "Preparation is the key to success...
    The Open Group recommends training and/or use of appropriate study guides and practice tests to prepare for the examination. Appropriate training is available from The Open Group accredited training organizations, please visit The Open Group web site (http://www.opengroup.org/certifications/professional) for detailed information on each certification program.

For information on available publications see The Open Group online bookstore at http://www.opengroup.org/bookstore/

For information on The Open Group examinations through Prometric see http://www.opengroup.org/certification/prometric/"

Cheers
    Jim

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs
  2. dmarsh
    Honorary Member 500 Likes Award

dmarsh Petabyte Poster

Theres a free PDF you can download and read, but yeah looks like people mostly take the course.

3. Coupe2T

Coupe2T Megabyte Poster

I know a couple of people who have taken courses for this recently, and both said it was dry and difficult to get into, so possibly why most people do courses. Sounds like it might be quite a difficult one to endure through self study.

Not to say it could not be done of course, however possibly not the best idea.

Certifications: ECDL, Does that Count!?!
  4. JK2447
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

Top Poster
    of the Month

Yeah I think course is looking like the best route although as you say, it can be done solo. I can imagine the content to be ultra dry as is usually the way with these things. Cheers guys

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs