Time for an upgrade.

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by westernkings, Jul 26, 2009.

1. westernkings

westernkings Gigabyte Poster

Hi guys, it's time for a PC upgrade, I just bought a Syncmaster 2433BW 24" LCD, which it really really sweet, but now its on to the hardware, I have an 8800GT OC2 at the moment, of course its getting on a bit now, what is the latest Nvidia cards out? what is the standard now? whats a decent price to performance upgrade to the 8800?

Inform me, because I got lost when they didn't go to 10000 and left it at 9400.

Certifications: MCITP:VA, MCITP:EA, MCDST, MCTS, MCITP:EST7, MCITP:SA, PRINCE2, ITILv3
  2. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

The Nvida gfx 260 card should be a logical move though not too cheap about £120 or better still go for the ATI's brand 4850 or higher 4870 and the OC's. Cheerio as the choice really is your:)

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell
  3. westernkings

westernkings Gigabyte Poster

Whats the performance going to be like? I mean, the 8800GT was still costing 150 quid as of 6 months ago, why are these new ones selling so cheap? is it worth the upgrade? how much better will it be in all honestly?

If they had of kept it going forward logically lmao, I maybe would of known what is what. Because they released the 9 series and from all accounts, they sucked and didn't match the 8800 in any degree

Certifications: MCITP:VA, MCITP:EA, MCDST, MCTS, MCITP:EST7, MCITP:SA, PRINCE2, ITILv3