Ticketing systems

Discussion in 'Software' started by zxspectrum, Jun 4, 2014.

1. zxspectrum

zxspectrum Terabyte Poster Forum Leader Gold Member

I posted a few months back about what type of ticketing system you all used and why etc, and from that my place of work decided to go with Manage Engine.

We have had it for a few months now we are writing down on pad, then updating the actual software.

On thinge i do want to ask is mainly to all the people who actually use any form of ticketing system. When you update your jobs do you have templates set out or do you just type it all as you go along.

The reason im asking is because i want to make the process of typing jobs in as quickly and as painless as possible. As when i have come to type up work there is a lot of data to put in after a busy day and this can be a pain in the backside especially when your mad busy.

So do you start from 2 categories, hardware and software and then add as you go along, or have you got a system for each individual categoty, like printers, PC, laptop, internet etc??

We need to go through ours just so its easier for us to use as IT techs and also for when the staff start to use it in september.

Thanks for any input

Ed

Certifications: BSc computing and information systems
    WIP: 70-680
  2. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

That's one problem there mate. Best to log as you go so you get accurate reporting from the calls you are logging.

This app is handy...

Macro software | Text Replacement & Typing Macro | Keystrokes For Windows - ShortKeys

Means if you have a new user request - say its creating an AD account then you press #1 and then it will type all of that for you. Some applications have call templates as well.

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  3. jvanassen

jvanassen Kilobyte Poster

I deployed two separate instances of Managed Engine's SD+ for both our IT Service Desk and a separate external support department. Both running fine and spent a good few weeks before deployment customizing templates, workflows etc. I would try and find the time to do this and get away from the pen and paper idea, your doubling your workload.

On a side note I found the software very easy to customize and no real problems. Few bugs here and there which they seem to keep on top of and release updates very frequently.

Certifications: CompTIA A+, Network+, CCENT
    WIP: ICND2 200-101