Three and a bit day report

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by Phoenix, Nov 26, 2008.

1. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

Well here is the usual three day report,

I popped into the office on Friday to hand in some signed agreements and ended up being shouted lunch with the whole team, we went to a diner downtown and I got to know everyone a little, as well as sharing some of my experiences with them. They were all a good laugh and it looks like I will fit in well here.
    After lunch I accompanied the other SE to a client site to be introduced to them and assist in helping to resolve a SAN issue, the other SE is on vacation all this week so it made sense for me to tag along and meet the client I may well be meeting this week.

We spent a few hours on site diagnosing and collecting data, reported our findings and headed back to the office for me to grab my car. The rest of the team were inside sharing a few beers, I would of loved to stay but the wife and I share one car and I had to pick her up, it was already 40 mins past her finish time!!!

Monday was filled with a little more form filling, some more formal introductions with those who did not make lunch on Friday and familiarizing myself with some of the systems, the afternoon was spent back on the client site finishing off the resolution from Friday, the day seemed to fly by though, not much happened being the other two techies are on vacation, so it was just me and the sales team.

Tuesday started with a team meeting, I spent about 15 mins telling the team what I do, what my background and strengths are, where they can best utilize me, then took some questions regarding my past work environments etc, they seemed to appreciate the variety of skills I had and seem pretty keen to throw me in the deep end and take me out to clients, just the way I like it!
    The CFO is based in our office, he took us all out for lunch on Tuesday, another free lunch, gotta love it!, I spent the afternoon working on some training to familiarize myself with our CRM system and other procedures. My blackberry arrived and so I could stop giving out my personal cell to everyone :)

Today I had more forms to fill in, lots of photocopies of my ID/papers etc, other things that proove I am allowed to work here legally! at Lunch time I headed out to the Ford dealership to sign all the paper work on my new car, no more waiting for the wife to get ready every morning! shooting off soon to pick that up ;)
    I grabbed lunch with a mate in between finishing with Ford and heading back to a client site in the afternoon, did not stay there for long so headed back to the office at 4ish (I could of gone home but had to pick the wife up at 5, doh!) anyway, 4:55, better go get here ;)

I might report again after a few weeks :)

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  2. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Wow. Three days already. Sounds like you haven't had time to catch your breath yet. Congratulations on the new car. Does everyone at work know you've only been a licensed driver for a couple of months? :wink:

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  3. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

Sounds like a lot of fun and interesting things ahead. Again congrats Phoenix, all the best!

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  4. delorean

delorean Megabyte Poster

Congrats! Sounds like all is working out great!

Certifications: A+, MCP 70-270, 70-290, 70-291
    WIP: 70-680, S+, MCSA, MCSE, CCNA
  5. iRock

iRock Nibble Poster

Congrats on the Job and the Car!
    Blog bookmarked :)

Certifications: MCP (270,290), MCTS Vista
    WIP: 291,293,297
  6. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Sounds great! Keep us posted! :)

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!