This must be my lucky week

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by kevicho, Dec 18, 2008.

1. kevicho

kevicho Gigabyte Poster

Letter yesterday to say I am to receive a substantial Tax refund, which will pay for my driving lessons (and yes a premium subscription lol), but in better news....

I start work monday!

Offer was slightly below what I wanted, but moneys not the motivation, and I plan to do such a good job they will have to give me a payrise.

Either way it feels great to know I will be putting my skills to good use everyday, and the creeping money worries will be lessened, as I should be able to pay off the last remainder of debt after 2 pay days (after a 3 year journey), and also looking forward to the training I will be sent on, especially ITIL (I will remember this past couple of months and how bleak it has been), so time to get back in the groove.

So yeah, hopefully my run of luck will continue!

Merry Christmas, Yule, Eid and "Bah Humbug" (for those not in any religion) to all!

Certifications: A+, Net+, MCSA Server 2003, 2008, Windows XP & 7 , ITIL V3 Foundation
    WIP: CCNA Renewal
  2. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

UKDarkstar Terabyte Poster

Good for you m8, nice to know there's still a bit of luck around !

Enjoy the moment !

Certifications: BA (Hons), MBCS, CITP, MInstLM, ITIL v3 Fdn, PTLLS, CELTA
    WIP: CMALT (about to submit), DTLLS (on hold until 2012)
  3. kevicho

kevicho Gigabyte Poster

Thanks, its been quite depressing this last few weeks, so took a step back from heavy study to basically chill, but as nice a break its been revision had started again today so just the insomnia to beat now.

So a 70-294 pass starts here, then I can move on to driving lessons.

Certifications: A+, Net+, MCSA Server 2003, 2008, Windows XP & 7 , ITIL V3 Foundation
  4. craigie

craigie Terabyte Poster

Awesome news!

Really pleased you have the job, if you don't mind sharing with us whats the title and job role?

Certifications: CCA | CCENT | CCNA | CCNA:S | HP APC | HP ASE | ITILv3 | MCP | MCDST | MCITP: EA | MCTS:Vista | MCTS:Exch '07 | MCSA 2003 | MCSA:M 2003 | MCSA 2008 | MCSE | VCP5-DT | VCP4-DCV | VCP5-DCV | VCAP5-DCA | VCAP5-DCD | VMTSP | VTSP 4 | VTSP 5
  5. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

You rock! Congratulations! :biggrin

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  6. kevicho

kevicho Gigabyte Poster

Its desktop and server support, working in a team of 5, me and another guy doing all the donkey work lol, a couple of programmers (lots of software is in-house) and an IT manager.

TBH ive lost the job spec, but I had a walk around and from the chat it sounds like it will be very similar to the role I had before, with benefits of various training courses they want to send people on, (the list of microsoft certs he said he wanted to send someone training on I already have done, but I wouldnt mind going on courses, as a refresher and to see if there are skills my material didnt cover).

To be honest im more relieved than anything.

7. -Mercury-

-Mercury- Byte Poster

Congrats and good luck with the new job. :D

Certifications: MCSA|MCDST|A+|Net+
    WIP: CCENT
  8. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Major congrats!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  9. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

Congrats on the new job and best wishes:)

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell
  10. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

congrats again :)

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?