Thinking of CCNA

Discussion in 'General Cisco Certifications' started by tech291083, Aug 11, 2006.

1. tech291083

tech291083 Bit Poster

hi,

i have just managed to pass the iseb certificate in software testing exam on my own which still something i can't believe it. it did this in order to become a software tester now i would be happy to do something more like ccna on my own. i know nothing about it and that is why i need some help from you guys. can i pass the exam on my own without going for any training classes as they seem to be charging a lot and they teach very fast within 3-4 days. what are the best recources in terms of books and websites in order to pass the exam. i would also like to ask you as what is the best way to find a software testing position apart from registering with a large no. of agencies who never show any interest in graduates and people with no experience. thanks.

2. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

it is possible to do the CCNA by yourself. First it though it might be useful to do some other certification first before the CCNA because certain topics on CCNA *require* you know some previous knowledge. Have a look at the Network+ as well as our Cisco forum

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  3. The_Geek

The_Geek Megabyte Poster

And "hands on" is a requirement to pass the CCNA as well as a good lab setup (hardware based, not sims).

Certifications: CompTIA and Micro$oft
    WIP: PDI+
  4. MonkeyWrench

MonkeyWrench Nibble Poster

I'm taking the self study route too (can't justify the prices for class based training). So far I've been studying using Nuggets and the Sybex CCNA book and it's going ok.

Certifications: MCDST
    WIP: 70-270, CCNA
  5. riaz.hasan

riaz.hasan Kilobyte Poster

how r the nuggets? any good??

Certifications: Degree, A+, HDA, MCP(270 finally!!)
    WIP: MCDST, MCSA2k3
  6. MonkeyWrench

MonkeyWrench Nibble Poster

Yeah they've been great so far (I've only just started disk 2), they're definitely helping the info sink in. Sure the guy's voice is slightly irritating, but then Nuggets wouldn't be the same without that :)

Certifications: MCDST
    WIP: 70-270, CCNA