Things My Girlfriend and I Have Argued About

Discussion in 'Just for Laughs' started by tripwire45, May 22, 2009.

1. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

No, not *my* girlfriend. Found this at Reddit. It's freakishly hysterical. Read it!

http://www.mil-millington.com/

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  2. VantageIsle

VantageIsle Kilobyte Poster

Margret doesn't like to watch films on the TV. No, hold on - let me make sure you've got the inflection here: Margret doesn't like to watch films on the TV. She says she does, but years of bitter experience have proven that what she actually wants is to sit by me while I narrate the entire bleeding film to her. 'Who's she?', 'Why did he get shot?', 'I thought that one was on their side?', 'Is that a bomb' - 'JUST WATCH IT! IN THE NAME OF GOD, JUST WATCH IT!' The hellish mirror-image of this is when she furnishes me, deaf to my pleading, with her commentary. Chair-clawing suspense being assaulted mercilessly from behind by such interjections as, 'Hey! Look! They're the cushions we've got.', 'Isn't she the one who does that tampon advert?' and, on one famous occasion, 'Oh, I've seen this - he gets killed at the end.'

Loads of these rang true, but a massive DING DONG when I read the above.

Do all girlfriends/wives do this? is this a skill learnt somewhere, passed down from mother to daughter? :biggrin:biggrin

Certifications: A+, ITIL V3, MCSA, MCITP:EST, CCENT, 70-432-SQL, 70-401 SCCM
    WIP: MCSA upgrade MCITP:SA then EA
  3. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

My step-dad did that you know. He used to piss me an my mum off all the time. Inevitably it was because he chose the starting 30 mins to take a nap.

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present
  4. VantageIsle

VantageIsle Kilobyte Poster

aha, not just the fairer sex then!

really though, it is a tad infuriating no? after the trouble I have had explaining the plot of Waking the Dead/silent Witness and well every TV Film or drama we watch I have promised myself never to watch the film Jacobs Ladder in her company!

:rolleyes:

Certifications: A+, ITIL V3, MCSA, MCITP:EST, CCENT, 70-432-SQL, 70-401 SCCM
    WIP: MCSA upgrade MCITP:SA then EA
  5. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Well thank you James. i just lost about 4 hours reading all that stuff.

Very funny though :biggrin

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  6. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

As my wife is Swiss-German I can sympathise with him wholeheartedly.:twisted:

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  7. Pheonicks56

Pheonicks56 Kilobyte Poster

Unfortunately I could not read the site in it's entirety, I wonder if they ever argue about him creating that site? Or was that mentioned?

Certifications: BSIT, AAIT, A+
    WIP: Network+
  8. Gingerdave

Gingerdave Megabyte Poster

Thanks trip - I laughed so hard I nearly died..

Certifications: A+,MCP, MCDST, VCP5 /VCP-DV 5, MCTS AD+ Net Inf 2008, MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  9. westernkings

westernkings Gigabyte Poster

LULz that's hilerious

Certifications: MCITP:VA, MCITP:EA, MCDST, MCTS, MCITP:EST7, MCITP:SA, PRINCE2, ITILv3