The vulture is waiting...

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by Rostros22, Apr 11, 2006.

1. Rostros22

Rostros22 Kilobyte Poster

Does anyone feel or get treated like a vulture at work?

The company I work for is going through a contract bid so for obvious reasons they are making cut backs all over the place.

Of course this isn’t nice but when someone gets made redundant I make it my personal responsibility to bring their kit back into my department. This is because a few months back a user left and his machine was left in his office unattended. I was eventually asked to move the machine and set it up for another user, which I found difficult seeing as the memory, HDD and processor appeared to have gone for a walk.

So now when someone leaves or is made redundant I move the kit straight away but I get looked at like a vulture! Last night for example a user left the company earlier than expected, and she was quite high in the ladder of power. So I went into her office took her laptop, monitor, blackberry, mobile phone etc and moved them into our IT dept.

This morning the people in her department are talking at me saying things like “She has only been gone for 5 minutes, no feelings at all that lad” to which I started laughing at. Ok I know its not nice when someone leaves the company but it isn’t my fault and I am just doing my job! If I didn’t get the kit back and it went missing it would be me leaving the company earlier than expected. The funny thing was about 10 minutes after they had stopped pointing the finger at me they asked “Can we have her CD writer then if it isn’t being used?”. And they call me a vulture!

Anyway just felt like sharing this little story with you, sorry to ramble on! :biggrin

Anyone else get treated like this or have a similar experience?

Certifications: ITIL Certs, F.A.S.T Auditor Certs
    WIP: None - Application with Police
  2. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

Well it's usually a case of me getting onto them to return their stuff after they've left that is the problem for me!

Strange how that laptop they've been using for the last three years just dissapears isn't it! :twisted:

3. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Know what you mean, if you don't get the equipment back as soon as possible, it becomes either freebie's for others or a "parting gift" for the person whose left.

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security