The Path of TheCheekMaster (Certification)

Discussion in 'A+' started by Mr.Cheeks, Mar 10, 2006.

1. Mr.Cheeks

Mr.Cheeks 1st ever Gold Member! Gold Member

Morning Chap o' chaps....

Hope all is well and everyone is livin' it large 8)

This is my CPD plan, hoping everyone goes well and i dont have a year like lasts'.

Stage 1:A+ (in progress)
    Stage 2:N+
    Stage 3: MSDST

Stage 3 may change depending on how i fell... But with these courses, would i get those funny initials after my name or not? If so, what would they be???

Yours learning,
    TheCheekMaster, A+,N+, MSDST? :rolleyes:

2. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

MCDST.

Sounds like a plan to me! :biggrin

You could also put MCP in there, as to gain MCDST you have to pass two MCP's! 8)

3. Mr.Cheeks

I knew MSDST looked strange when i typed it...

Stage 3: MCDST i aint 100% sure, as i never knew that you need 2 MCP's for it, what is MCP anyway?

4. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

Microsoft Certified Professional - Pass any Microsoft exam and you achieve this status. 8)

5. Mr.Cheeks

so you saying that if i go for MCDST and pass, i become TheCheekMaster, mcp, mcdst. cuz i thought i would be just [name]mcdst or other words any ms cert i'll get, i'll automatically have mcp initials behind me?

Confused? :rolleyes:

6. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

Try not to think of it as putting letters after your name, employers hate seeing that - makes you look like an arse!

Think of it in this way:

When you pass a MS exam you will become an MCP. Every MS exam that you sit gives you MCP status, but you are still only identified as MCP, not MCP X2 or MCP X3.
    When you sit the right combination of exams to give you another certification (such as 271 and 272) you can call your self by that certification i.e.

Pass 271 = MCP
    Pass 272 = MCDST (as you have already passed 271)
    Pass 272 before passing 271 = MCP.

Make sense? :blink

7. Mr.Cheeks

Aint fussed about the letter, they are just confusing, but my friend wanted to know and i said i have no idea, however, once again Si thats a bloody good explanation! :beers2

8. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

sounds good to me mate! take one at a time and see how thing roll out... you might end up doing something else once you release its more of that you like! :D

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  9. slyuen

slyuen Byte Poster

I passed 70-272 today.... first pass and achieved high score, now MCDST... but the 272 test was a painful experience

I must say the test centre I went to.. is extremely "cheap"...

*Sorry guys....this is my rant...

it is still using CRT monitors, and had the display frequency set to 60Hz......plus old keyboards, old mouse, old PCs.... smelly classrooms......poor lightings

The fact that they've set it to 60Hz made my eyes extremely painful - due to the flickering on all the screens, and I found reading the text off the questions was a painful thing.

I was sent to that test center only because my usual test centre had software problems, and I swear I will never go back to that test centre.

I'm not trying to blame the environment has anything to do with my performance today, but I question how this test centre could be a Microsoft Gold Partner, when its facilities are that unsatisfactory?

* Sorry guys..... my rant is over... :dry

I know I should be happy I passed....but not to the extent yet

Certifications: ECDL,A+,Network+,CST,CNST,MCDST,MCSA
    WIP: MCSE, CIW, CCNA, CWNA, Others...
  10. Mr.Cheeks

Congratulations mate, well done on your achievement.

11. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

I’ve never heard of anyone putting their certs after their name unless it’s a degree, or is it just me? I have a degree but I wouldn’t put the letters after my name as some people will think I’m just an arrogant **** for doing it! :biggrin

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs