the order in which to take which exams

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by boots2k, Jun 17, 2008.

1. boots2k

boots2k Bit Poster

A+, network +, (all the plusexams ) before or after mcdst?

thanks

WIP: MCDST
  2. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

A+, Network + then MCDST. If you are wanting to do other comptia certs get the A+ and N+ before them.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  3. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

I'd also recommend them in that order, though they don't have to be.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  4. boots2k

boots2k Bit Poster

thanks for that, i have my 1st part of mcdst on 23rd june (apps part) and i think i will be ready.
    I have never looked at the a+ or network plus, i always assumed a+ was not a hard exam but that the network + would be and thought it would be after the mcdst....... anyway i am blabbing.

i will take the a+ and network + once i get this mcdst out the way (if i had known about this site and the order you guys are recommendeding i would have done things differently.

thanks

again

WIP: MCDST
  5. Johnd76

Johnd76 Megabyte Poster

When you say (apps part) do you mean Applications on Windows XP? if so then i was always told that was the second stage of the exams 70-271 (Supporting Users and Troubleshooting a Microsoft Windows XP Operating System) then 70-272 ( Supporting Users and Troubleshooting Desktop Applications on Windows XP)

Certifications: MCP, MCDST
    WIP: Not a thing