The next step..

Discussion in 'Windows Server 2003 / 2008 / 2012 / 2016' started by Deadhead, Sep 13, 2011.

1. Deadhead

Deadhead Bit Poster

Hi all,

Just looking for a bit of advice from others in the IT industry.

Im currently studying for my 70-291 exam to complete my MCSA. However I am debating whether to go and complete the MCSE afterwards and then upgrade to the new MCITP certifications or once I've completed my MCSA go straight for the MCITP qualification.

My current work place is still using Windows Server 2003 as its a very large enterprise network and a lot of the guys certs here a a bit outdated.

Just wanted to know what was the census from around the IT Industry as a whole?

Thanks in advance guys and gals!

Certifications: A+, MCDST, MCSA, VCP5-DCV, VCP-DCV 2019, VCAP-DCV-Deploy-2018
  2. derkit

derkit Gigabyte Poster

I'm currently studying for the 291 myself and despite what the hype seems to be - 2003 is around for a couple of more years at least - a large number of people still work on it (I do, and even have a pure 2000 domain at work also) - and I'm thinking after the MCSA, 3 more for the MCSE - a year to do it - then move on - 2008 will be around for a while also.

If I was just starting out and had done no MCPs, that would be a different kettle of fish and would depend on how much hands on experience I was getting at work, and how much of a quick study I was, and so I'd be 50/50 on whether to go the 2003 or 2008 study route.

Certifications: MBCS, BSc(Hons), Cert(Maths), A+, Net+, MCDST, ITIL-F v3, MCSA
    WIP: 70-293
  3. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

I got my MCSA recently and I am definitely going for the MCSE... I was like you wondering if I should go for the MCITP instead but from what I can see, MCSE is still a valuable cert to have.

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA