The final nail in the coffin of Windows Visat at Chez Baba.

Discussion in 'Software' started by Baba O'Riley, Sep 11, 2006.

1. Baba O'Riley

Baba O'Riley Gigabyte Poster

Anyone else downloaded the Vista RC1? I tried upgrading my Beta 2 VM (after fully updating it). Left it running for 20 minutes and came back to a black screen and it would no longer boot. I tried an install from scratch and it won't get past the "Loading Files" screen. I just spent all morning downloading it again just in case it was a courrupt download, and I'm getting exactly the same problem. By the way, I am mounting the iso in a virtual CD-ROM so it is not a problem with the burning process.

I've had it up to the tits with Vista and if Microsoft (I'm assuming it's a problem with their end) can't even get this right, who's going to trust them to upgrade a corporate network to Vista?

I could try installing it on a physical machine, but I just can't be bothered.

Is anyone else having these problems?

Certifications: A+, Network+
    WIP: 70-270
  2. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

Nope, my Mac runs just fine! :twisted:

Not even going to look at vista until the final release comes out so that I can use the 'actual' version that I will have to work with. 8)

3. Baba O'Riley

:tongue Thanks for that productive answer Simon.

4. mojorisin

mojorisin Kilobyte Poster

tried to get the vista beta but the free download has been stopped now (well it was last week) and the torrents are too slow

wouldn't mind having a play with it but what i have read about it resource wise so far can't see many businesses upgrading as it would require a hardware upgrade to get the best from it

noticed that with the upgrade from win2k to winxp on slower machines

WIP: Microsoft 365 Identity and Services MD-100
  5. Parker

Parker Bit Poster

I installed Vista RC1 last night on a seprate hard disk. Setup ran perfect as can be. I did try MS Virtual PC 2004 to run it within Win XP, but had problems running Aero, as it was just using standard gfx drivers. :biggrin

Certifications: ECDL, A+, MCDST, 70-270
    WIP: MCSA 2008
  6. Baba O'Riley

That's weird. Beta 2 installed no problem on VMWare (except for no Aero). I wonder if MS managed to stop it installing on VMWare so that everyone has to download VPC. Or is that just me being paranoid?

7. Mr.Cheeks

Mr.Cheeks 1st ever Gold Member! Gold Member

prob just on their beta version...