The best training provider in the world!

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by Sparky, Jun 25, 2006.

1. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

I’ve read through some of the threads about Training Providers and some of them make me suspicious. 8)

For example it seems to be fairly common for somebody to post about how crap their training provider is and how they have been taken for a ride etc.etc. Then suddenly a random poster comes on to make one post about how great the training provider is and they have managed to find that ‘dream IT job’ after graduating with an A+ or something like that. The poster then vanishes and is never to be seen again with a massive post count of 1.

Any thoughts from the staff, perhaps these posts should be edited or at least questioned? :blink

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  2. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

UCHEEKYMONKEY R.I.P - gone but never forgotten. Gold Member

Come on sparky work it out for yourself!

I know your are not dumb and probably know the answer, but like me your scared :unsure

I don't want to say incase I get :banned

Monkey :dry

Certifications: Comptia A+
    WIP: Comptia N+
  3. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

You will find that we keep a close eye on all posts especially in the Training and Development area. However, it is difficult to know for sure whether a new member is legitimately posting his real experiences or whether they are trying to mislead people.

We only remove posts if we *collectively* feel they are not legit, so there may be posts that remain public even though they seem suspect to the individual.

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  4. Sparky

Bluerinse raises a good point, it is difficult to know for sure if a post is legit or some guy from a training provider who is just posting to try and undo some of the damage.

I think the credibility of the post is helped when the poster actually hangs around for more than 5 minutes and maybe follows up on the replies. Generally a controversial post gets a few comments from other members.

My take on the whole matter is that many of the training providers get a bad deal. The majority of posts seem (to me) like someone has signed up for the MCSE (just an example) to get the ‘dream IT job’ and then have realised its hard work and they want their money back or will say they have been conned. Training providers are selling something so if somebody wants to buy or has shown an interest then any good salesman will make a sale. That’s life.

Why don’t some of the posters who complain about their training provider go to college or university to get IT training? Many won’t get in without qualifications and universities\colleges are not selling anything. Big difference! 8)

Kinda turned my original post on its head but whatever, hee hee!

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
  5. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

Actually I was trying to point out that some of the members on CF are thick as Sh**.

They don't read the terms and conditions set down by the learning provider. They sign up only thinking of one thing the money and that job guarantee.

They focus on 100% pie in the sky dream.
    Then when they start it....oh no I have to do some work :ohmy Shock, horror :ohmy.

Then there are some who behave like victims and think it can only happen to them, unlike most people who learn from their mistakes, become a better person for it and move on!

Yet this is not what happens and we see threads about how poorly they were treated. What total scum bags the providers are.

Why can't people use a bit of common sense :hhhmmm
    Do some research on the company first! What's google used for????

Don't take the learning providers word for how good they are!

Don't get fooled into thinking IT is an easy game and pays out big cash for sitting on your ass all day!

Whooo look I've been playing on computer games or sekudo...Oh wow I must be a IT professional now???

Monkey :biggrin

6. Mr.Cheeks

Mr.Cheeks 1st ever Gold Member! Gold Member

i would not say the members are thick as s**t. At the end of the day, the people who signed up with the training providers had a very good sales person down their home, who has the gift of the gab. of course they will be cursing them, cuz they have to pay £x,xxx and thats a lot of money...

in hindsight, if they know what they know now, then they will not of signed up...

but at the end of the day, if you havenot researched the company or the type of studying that is involved, and you want to get into IT then, what comes out of the salesperson mouth is exactly what they want to hear - we wouldn't want to believe that someone who we have invited into our homes will "con" us, nor will we want to believe that when we ask questions here on CF, that the person replying with the answer will give us an incorrect answer on purpose, would they? :rolleyes:

7. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

True!

I guess it's difficult to believe in people and companies these days. Everyone seems to be out there for the quick cash option.

There are some good learning providers out there. It's just trying to find them amongst the bad ones.

CF is not here to police them or investigate their members to see if they are who they say they are. CF is here to offer advice to people starting the IT journey or others that are on the road already.

Yet I can't help think too many people out there use CF as a Smaritians Hotline.

Monkey :confused2

8. Mr.Cheeks

Mr.Cheeks 1st ever Gold Member! Gold Member

some users just sign up and rant and then you wont hear from them for ages, unless it just them ranting on that topic only, however, there are a few regular members here that said what they have to say and carry on, helping other and asking questions like everyone else...

The mods cant stop people signing up and ranting, cuz they wont know who are going to stay and who are not, plus this is an online community, people are different and the majority of people who have had a bad experience with training provider will just rant away about their experience, than say anything good...

It is good to see you care though :biggrin

9. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

both of you guys have made good points.. like you say we an open internet forum and people can post freely here.. but we just cant figure out who is legit and who isnt.. in the end its up to the guy signing up to the trainer who will decide so if he doesnt believe the positive or negative comments on our forum i think its his problem... would you buy a car if i told you it WILL break down and the whole world will know it will? Now if you stupid enought to go buy the car and come say this car sucks it broke down.. what do you think the rest of us will say? you idiot! 8)

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  10. Sparky

That also depends, when I buy a car I always look for a full service history and try and get a yearsl MOT and a warranty.

Sometimes I have seen a car I’ve wanted, perhaps slightly cheaper, without any history and perhaps higher mileage, do I buy it? No, am I tempted? Yes! :biggrin

It’s all about taking a step back and weighing up the options. I think for people who sign up to an expensive training provider if you took the ‘dream job’ out of the whole sales pitch then it wouldn’t sell.

Anyways back to the books for me today and the weather is too good, I should be in a beer garden somewhere! Nobody told me the weather would be good when I signed up, I’ve been conned! Rant! rant! rant! :biggrin