The 17th IET Professional Development Course on Safety Critical Systems

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by Kitkatninja, Feb 14, 2009.

1. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

The 17th IET Professional Development Course on Safety Critical Systems

This professional development course will provide participants with a firm grounding in the theory and practice of modern techniques for defining and managing the risk potential of computer-based systems. In future it is likely to become increasingly difficult for a company that has not employed such techniques to argue that it has exercised proper legal care for the safety of its products and services.

The structure of the lectures will be based on the "safety lifecycle" from international standard IEC 61508 ("functional safety of electrical / electronic / programmable electronic systems / safety related systems"), a generic standard from which many sector standards will be based. An understanding of IEC 61508 will therefore provide participants with a sound basis for dealing with the requirements of their industry sector.

Lectures will be given by speakers from industry, academia and a safety regulatory body - several of whom are involved with the development of IEC 61508.

Read more about this here.

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security