That Friday feeling (again) ....

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by UKDarkstar, Jul 24, 2009.

1. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

UKDarkstar Terabyte Poster

So what's everybody up to ?

Me, well, done my job trawl thru' the ads already and later this morning I'm seeing a friend about designing some business cards for her photography work, then doing a functional CV for a speculative job via a contact and I might do a bit of studying this afternoon or just relax for a bit.

What's everyone else up to ?

Certifications: BA (Hons), MBCS, CITP, MInstLM, ITIL v3 Fdn, PTLLS, CELTA
    WIP: CMALT (about to submit), DTLLS (on hold until 2012)
  2. Qs

Qs Semi-Honorary Member Gold Member

Later - Moving a department from one office to another.

Now - Eating soft mints and browsing the forums. :p

Qs

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA
  3. JK2447
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

Well. . . . tentatively booked my online interview for CITP with the BCS for start of August. In work right now so this and that to do but hopefully get a few hours study in on 299 which I'm resitting next Thursday. Tonight, home, cook me an the little lady something nice, few glasses of wine and just chillax I think. Looking forward to Saturday night, sounds sad but got the house to myself, so few beers and got 3 new 360 games so gonna just chill, get drunk and play games all night! Haven't done that for ages so actually can't wait, sad I know :oops:

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs
  4. skulkerboyo

skulkerboyo Megabyte Poster

Fridays always a breeze here.

Got a couple of systems to set up then a pub lunch (I never drink on a work lunch)

Tonight I have to set up my new bike to an agreeable standard then saturday I register for the toughguy which is on sunday so no beer for me except maybe tonight. We'll see:biggrin

Certifications: MCITP:SA, MCSA 03, MCSA 08, MCTS(680+648),A+,N+,ITILV3 Foundation, ITIL Intermediate: Operational Support and Analysis
    WIP: 70-417
  5. Mof

Mof Megabyte Poster

Sitting here suupping tea waiting for the Dlab to calibrate.

Tonight the good lady and myself will proberley share a bottle of wine, when I say share two thirds me one third her just happens my glass is bigger than hers. Then settle down to watch big brother, I know its sad but its a habbit.:oops:

Saturday Il venture into the garden, well more of a dirt patch, Take a deep breath and start to sort it out.

WIP: C++ and A+
  6. danielno8

danielno8 Gigabyte Poster

Just came back from my week off.....

First thing - Sharepoint server is maxed (SQL express)

Second - awaiting paperwiork related to job offer!

Certifications: CCENT, CCNA
    WIP: CCNP
  7. Raffaz

Raffaz Kebab Lover Gold Member

What kind of bike mate? Pushbike or motorbike? What have you gotta setup?

Ive just done my gt Zaskar, fitted new hope BB and replaced bearings and cables throughout. :)

Certifications: A+, MCP, MCDST, AutoCAD
    WIP: Rennovating my house
  8. nXPLOSi

nXPLOSi Terabyte Poster

Today is a good day, its Friday, its Payday, and we've got drinks after work down the pub followed by us young'uns going into town tonight for a few more beers.

Tomorrow im going to crack on with studying the 290, taking a break to watch the Formula 1 qualifying, and then out with the misses to have a bite to eat and catch Bruno at the cinema tomorrow night, (Having heard alot of mixed reviews). Sunday is clear for more 290 studying and the race. :)

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA 2003 (270, 290, 291), MCTS (640, 642), MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  9. skulkerboyo

I'm switching from hybrid to full road. Just bought a relatively cheap bike. raleigh airlite 200. Gonna sort it out with new seat, spd cleat pedal thingys, mud guard and start the fiddly process of changing the shifters for my shimano dura ace shifters which I've had sat around for ages

Oh and set the seat up properly:biggrin

Havent ridden a motorbike for over a year now. I would love to get another but its just not practical at the moment

Certifications: MCITP:SA, MCSA 03, MCSA 08, MCTS(680+648),A+,N+,ITILV3 Foundation, ITIL Intermediate: Operational Support and Analysis
  10. Kitkatninja

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

1. Just finished removing 30 PC & monitors (1st floor of one building to ground floor of another building, with no lift).
    2. Setting up a Windows 2008 (including Hyper-V) so that we can virtual another organisations 2 server's on to it (at a later date).
    3. Waiting for more CAT5 cables to come in, to finish setting up a different batch of 30 PC's (new build).
    4. Put thru more orders this afternoon...

5. Collaspe into heap when I get home from all the work this week :(

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  11. JK2447

Ah I'm sure an iron man such as yourself found that a breeze mate. Throw some push-ups on your knuckles in the mix and some kata and stop being lazy . . . . . . . :p

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
  12. Kitkatninja

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

:lol: Oh no, today is a light day, you should have seen what I did yesterday :p

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  13. JK2447

Tell me tell me :D

14. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

He's just after sympathy :twisted::biggrin

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  15. dales

dales Terabyte Poster

feeling very positive at the mo, reactive work is quiet this morning so busy doing stuff that I've put on the back burner. still fixing the odd issue arrising from ripping away admin rights from people who shouldnt have them (MWhahahaha BOFH). Got a bit of sneaky beaky on the side. Overall feeling very happy today.

Certifications: vExpert 2014+2015+2016,VCP-DT,CCE-V, CCE-AD, CCP-AD, CCEE, CCAA XenApp, CCA Netscaler, XenApp 6.5, XenDesktop 5 & Xenserver 6,VCP3+5,VTSP,MCSA MCDST MCP A+ ITIL F
    WIP: Nothing
  16. d_mcgrail

d_mcgrail Nibble Poster

Certifications: A+
    WIP: Taking a xmas break
  17. AJ

AJ 01000001 01100100 01101101 01101001 01101110 Administrator

After a week of moving and installing 800 odd monitors and setting them up, taking it a bit easy today. Just programmed 12 or so new switches ready to install in the next few weeks for so.

Getting used to our new leased line giving the school 100mb of internet power :D We'd maxed our 8mb line out ages ago.

tonight, I shall grab a bit to eat when I get home and then drop the kids off to sea cadets and then pop over to play squash with the lads. Perhaps a beer after and home. Nice quiet weekend planned with some F1 viewing. Oh and squash again on Sunday.

Certifications: MCSE, MCSA (messaging), ITIL Foundation v3
    WIP: Breathing in and out, but not out and in, that's just wrong
  18. Gingerdave

Gingerdave Megabyte Poster

Today is also quiet here, so am doing some helpdesk calls that were tagged as non urgent, as well as pulling together some reports as our head office might be moving so we are starting to plan just in case.

Tonight will be a quiet night before it gets busy on saturday as I am heading over to Sheffield to get some Vibram Five Fingers and if possible see an apple Genius about my iPhone, then across to Bradford for a double session of Gracie Combatives, then home and changed before heading out to a Burlesque evening that is being run by a friend.

Sunday, will be some fitness stuff and watching the British leg of the Moto GP intermixed with some studying.

Certifications: A+,MCP, MCDST, VCP5 /VCP-DV 5, MCTS AD+ Net Inf 2008, MCSA 2008
  19. skulkerboyo

Wish we had a Gracie Academy in Bristol. Cant wait for the moto gp. I'll probably have to catch the replay though

20. Gingerdave

Gingerdave Megabyte Poster

Have you had a look at The Gracie Online University The lessons are very good and you can submit your grading videos from there.

To be honest I bought all of the lessons from there as I can't always make it across to Bradford but I also use them to get it straight in my head before the session - really really well thought out ciriculum.

Certifications: A+,MCP, MCDST, VCP5 /VCP-DV 5, MCTS AD+ Net Inf 2008, MCSA 2008