thank you

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by pete1, Apr 6, 2008.

1. pete1

pete1 Bit Poster

Just want to say thanks for the warm welcome and advice from the people who made me feel at home.

As a newcomer to i.t. can someone tell me what skills i would pick up from doing CompTIA+ and Network+, what jobs i could consider applying for and if the courses would be helpful to me as i want to start helping people with problems with their computers to gain some experience.

All advice welcome. if i should be using another forum please let me know as i am new to all of this.

Thanks Pete :)

Certifications: ECDL
  2. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

Hi Peter,

Welcome again, well from doing the comptia A+ and N+ if in order or one after you the other you can start applying for 1st line support roles and helpdesk.

Once you've landed a role and built some experience you can then start looking for 2nd line support roles usually desktop support and a bit of active directory administration.

Cheerio and best wishes:)

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell
  3. stutheview

stutheview Byte Poster

Hi,

From the A+ you'd get good skills in hardware maintenance, replacement, upgrades (hard drives, NICs, etc) as well as good all round knowledge in different Windows OSes. Network+ gives you knowledge in the Networking infrastructure: like cabling, routers, switches and other OSes (like Netware, Linux etc).

Good luck in your studies :)

HTH

Stu

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP 70-270 70-290
    WIP: 70-291
  4. Notes_Bloke

Notes_Bloke Terabyte Poster

Hi & welcome to CF:D

NB

Certifications: 70-210, 70-215, A+,N+, Security+
    WIP: MCSA
  5. kat731
    Honorary Member

kat731 Megabyte Poster

Hello and welcome!!

Kat:biggrin

Certifications: BA (Hons), A+
    WIP: 70-685 77-884
  6. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Excellent advice already given. Welcome!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!