TFT - Hard Glass

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by UCHEEKYMONKEY, Mar 31, 2007.

1. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

UCHEEKYMONKEY R.I.P - gone but never forgotten. Gold Member

Has anyone got or uses a Hard glass TFT monitor.

I am thinking of upgrading from 17" CRT to a 19" TFT and there a few TFT's out there that state they have hard glass screen?

Just wondering what they are like compared to normal TFT screens?

Certifications: Comptia A+
    WIP: Comptia N+
  2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

We currently use hard screen tft for our monitors (you can't trust kids to not touch the screens), to be honest there isn't any difference whether it's hard screen ot not (viewing), but like different brands it's does depend on which make and model you go for.

The models we've gone for are the RM one's (integrated), which are ok. The Edge10 ones, they look cheap (they are) but they do the job - we bought 60 of them and so far we've had about 6 or 7 fail, but the warrenty is good (3 years). Next we're going for Acer, they seem to have a better build quality, the response time is 5ms (which is better than the standard 12ms response time) and it does have the anti-glare coat on the screen.

Acer Hard screen
    Edge10 Hard screen

Hope this helps

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  3. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

4. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Not bad :)

5ms repsonse time, anti-glare, a 3 year warranty and looks good.

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  5. rusty155

rusty155 Bit Poster

We've got some Xerox ones - seem pretty good. Only problem with glass is that when they get hands all over them, (which they always do for some reason:rolleyes: ) they show up every mucky finger print and look filthy in no time at all!!

WIP: A+
  6. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

True! - Rusty, at work I have seen people use floor cleaners to clean a 15" CRT screen which has the effect of someone using a scouring pad to scratch the dirt away:biggrin

Just got the Xerox TFT 19" Widescreen today and currently looking at it now!

Just blown away by the crystal clear picture and excellent speakers on it!:biggrin