TestOut self study (gtslearning.com)

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by Skington, Jun 10, 2008.

1. Skington

Skington New Member

Hi, i was wondering if anyone here has used or knows about the testout self study cds?

http://shop.strato.com/epages/61426461.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/61426461/Categories/testout/

The price for these cd's seems reasonable and contents of the cds seems like it might work better than just reading from a book.

"Every TestOut product includes the following core compenents:

CourseSim video-based online instruction with an on-screen tutor will help to reinforce the learning - a face on screen and classroom demonstrations are more effective than the basic narration offered by similar packages.

LabSim simulated labs to practice new skills in a real-world environment. Learn as-live from your PC whenever and wherever you want.

ExamSim assessments and practice tests help you to prepare for the certification exams and to identify any areas of weakness."

They also have a guarantee if you fail, send them the copy of the fail sheet and they will refund the course cost back to you...

It seems all ok and a nice way of doing it so just thought id see if anyone has any experience with them.

Certifications: Nothing right now but am working on it!
    WIP: Comptia A+, MCDST
  2. jo74

jo74 Byte Poster

Hi,
    I've just received the TestOut CBTs for both Essentials & IT Service Technician, but from a different company 'Career Vision' at http://www.cvision.co.uk/testout.htm. At the moment, they're offerring them at a 30% discount. But the user has to be connected to the Internet to access the training material on the discs; although from my initial use, as soon as I logged online, I could then disconnect and continue. Although, I'm using them more as a break from studying books rather than a quick way to gain the A+

Certifications: A+, N+, Sec+
    WIP: CCENT, CCNA
  3. jo74

jo74 Byte Poster

I've recently bought 2 TestOut CBTs for the A+ (Essentials & IT Technician), but from a different company (which has a 30% discount); so far I'm impressed. The only thing to note is that you have to be connected to the Internet to access the materials on the disc (you have to log on to their website), but you can disconnect and continue watching.

Certifications: A+, N+, Sec+
    WIP: CCENT, CCNA
  4. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

No experience but certgaurd say they are ok.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  5. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

I've used Testout for a couple of my exams (along with other study materials) and they're ok. They're not the most expensive or the cheapest. But they are a company that I would use again in the future.

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  6. NightWalker

NightWalker Gigabyte Poster

I have used the TestOut CBTs alongside the MS Press books for all my MCPs. The TestOut stuff is good, well presented, good simulations and a realistic exam sim at the end. 8)

Certifications: A+, Network+, MCP, MCSA:M 2003, ITIL v3 Foundation