Testking is Soo Unreliable!

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by asanthadenz, Jan 30, 2008.

1. asanthadenz

asanthadenz Bit Poster

Testking has got to be one of the worse testing softwares that i have bought!

My exam is tomorrow and im brushing up on some questions from Trancender and Test King and i found some answers that dont match up quite right in Testking.

Here are a few:

Note: I wont be posting the exact question but ill re-phrase it in my own words.

Question 1:

You plan to upgrade BIOS from APM to ACPI, what do you do so that your XP can function well.
    A. Reinstall XP after performing the BIOS Update
    B. Reinstall XP before performing the BIOS Update
    C. ..........
    D. ...........

The Answer Test King gave was:
    B. If you use a BIOS update to upgrade a system from APM to ACPI support, you
    must reinstall Windows XP after performing the upgrade.

Notice how they say AFTER performing the update, where you can clearly see the answer they have given which is B in the multichoice States B, shouldnt it be A ??

Theres a few more but you get the idea....

Certifications: MCDST
    WIP: MCITP
  2. JonGlory

JonGlory Byte Poster

I may be wrong, but isn't testking a braindump? If so, you cant really complain tbh.

WIP: LIFE
  3. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

The place you mention is a braindump and is giving you a false impression of your skills as it tells you the actual exam questions.

Please beaware that using braindumps can get you decertified for life and you are cheating other people who write legitemate practice exams and people who are studying in a correct fashion for the exams.

You should get exam software from either Trancender, Preplogic or Boson.

Edit: Yes John you are correct

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  4. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Great to see the 'quality' of TK is falling! :clap

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  5. greenbrucelee

Yeah good, the thing is I didn't even know you had to pay for cr*p like that.

6. Sparky

Even better, means there is a record of the peeps who have bought the cr@p. Nothing will ever come of it though. :x

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
  7. BosonJosh

BosonJosh Gigabyte Poster

Microsoft finally took action against them recently and supposedly TK no longer sells braindumped Microsoft content. However, that doesn't stop them from selling braindumped content for other vendors. Regardless of whether their new Microsoft stuff is legitimate or not, I would never buy from them based solely on the fact that they've made tons of money stealing other's content for years.

8. asanthadenz

asanthadenz Bit Poster

I actually thought it to be a legitamate source..Hearing everyone talking about Testking..Ohwell..

Certifications: MCDST
    WIP: MCITP
  9. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

LOL - 'everyone?' You need to change your circle of cert buddies :biggrin

Seriously, although they are allegedly now (ahem) 'legit' most people wouldn't touch them with a barge pole. They were, for years, the by-word for braindumps. I suspect that now they are (ahem) 'legit' they are having trouble 'adapting' their copied MS content into bona fide test prep material

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em
  10. Sparky

Wouldn't touch it with a 10-ft barge pole? Whos's got a barge pole?!?! - Peter Kay

Sorry, could not resist! :biggrin

<gets coat>

11. malik06

malik06 Nibble Poster

I've got a barge pole. But I only bring it out when a barge is knocking about. It's not much use on prep test software. Strewth.

Certifications: Network+, MCDST, MCSA
    WIP: MCSE
  12. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

You will also save yourself a bunch of headaches like this one if you stop using tesking. Honestly though I know a lot of people talk about testking, even in the school that I went to. But you should not be using it, instead get yourself practice study questions like Preplogic, transcender, measure up, etc. There's all kinds of good legit material to use.

Good luck with the studies.

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  13. sunn

sunn Gigabyte Poster

Next time, before you assume a source is safe, do some research to verifiy. A good place to start is the Certguard site.

14. Stoney

Stoney Megabyte Poster

Ooh nice link Sunn :thumbleft

Reppage given!

Certifications: 25 + 50 metre front crawl
    WIP: MCSA - Exam 70-270
  15. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

I think that we'll leave this post to serve as a warning to others.

Use legitimate materials and you stand a better chance of passing the exam by knowing what you are doing.

8)

16. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

Just to clarify the point here - Testking is actually now complying with the results of the court order placed against them by MS (Official word Here). As Lorna says though, just because their materials for MS are legit, does not mean that they satisfy any of the following criteria:

1) They are non-BD materials for any other vendor. The court order only covers MS.
    2) The materials they do provide are actually any good.

As for the question in the example. That just looks like a typo to me. Its fairly clear that they meant to put an A, but instead put a B. This could easily occur from multiple reasons - the writers wrote it with B being correct, and the editors switched the answers around for better flow, forgetting to change the letter in the answer.

To be honest, going mental about a typo is overkill dont you think? I've seen typos in MM AIO, that doesnt make the resource any less valid. I've seen a picture in one book referring to an RJ-45 in the caption, when its clearly a stick of RAM.

Dont get me wrong, I'm not saying TK are ace, and are now the best resource available. Im not even saying you should buy from them (since your money just helps fund their potential BD material for the other vendors). What I am saying, is pick fights against them on legitimate grounds.

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present
  17. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

I think he meant after hearing what everyone here said about it mate ...

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2K3, MCTS, MOS, MTA, MCT, MCITP:EDST7, MCSA W7, Citrix CCA, ITIL Foundation
    WIP: Nada
  18. nXPLOSi

nXPLOSi Terabyte Poster

ahaha you made me happy as Larry - Whos this Larry fella were all comparing ourselves too??!

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA 2003 (270, 290, 291), MCTS (640, 642), MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  19. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2K3, MCTS, MOS, MTA, MCT, MCITP:EDST7, MCSA W7, Citrix CCA, ITIL Foundation
    WIP: Nada
  20. greenbrucelee

At least you know now, always checks practice exam software on certguard then your future certs will be safe :)