Test difficulty? - 98-375 HTML5 Application Development Fundamentals

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by mtacert, Oct 14, 2013.

1. mtacert

mtacert New Member

Hi there. I took a 3-day class for the 375 certification and have been studying from the official coursebook from Microsoft. I feel confident with the information. I have gone online to take practice tests in various locations to make sure I am ready. I am fine with the questions that are similar to the coursebook (theories, definitions, basic coding questions). However, there was one practice test I came across that completely scared me off. It had complex real-life examples of code that had to be analyzed for an answer (multiple choice). Is the test more like the questions from the study guide in the coursebook or more complex real-life examples?

2. dmarsh
    Honorary Member 500 Likes Award

dmarsh Petabyte Poster

If you took the course and paid attention you should be fine, normally you can get 4-5 questions wrong and still pass an MS exam.

You should ideally be able to analyze real life code, thats kind of the point. Why don't you study more on the areas where you are weak ?

3. mtacert

mtacert New Member

Okay great. I know HTML5 and CSS3 back and forth, but I get tripped up on JavaScript. I usually need to look at references to get the code exactly right. So I am mainly concerned about complex JavaScript questions on the test. I am wondering if there are many real-world JavaScript complex examples or just maybe more basic, core examples to JavaScript.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2013
  4. mtacert

mtacert New Member

I passed the exam today on my first attempt! Many are easy if you study from the official book. There are some questions that aren't from the book pertaining to JavaScript. I don't think the book should be a study guide if they aren't putting all of the material in it! I'm just relived I passed.

Arroryn likes this.
  5. Juelz

Juelz Gigabyte Poster

Congrats... I was unaware there was a book for this.. as Im sure theres just an instructor manual but not an actual study guide.. what book is it?

6. mtacert

mtacert New Member

Last edited: Oct 23, 2013