Test centre in London for 290(help!)

Discussion in 'Windows Server 2003 / 2008 / 2012 / 2016' started by dcuk, Jun 12, 2006.

1. dcuk

dcuk Bit Poster

Hi all,

Sorry if this is a bit off topic, but I'm finally feeling ready for the 290 and wouldn't mind taking it on the weekend.

The problem is that I can't find a vue test centre open on a Saturday (and vue's web site or google is of little help). I've even searched these forums for some info to little avail.

Does anyone in the london area actually do their exams on the weekend? I'd like to book it asap to make us of the 2nd retake offer.

Thanks,
    dcuk

2. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

I don't know about London matey, but with plenty of checking around you may find one. It would probably involve logging into VUE and selecting test centre after test centre until you see one with slots on a Saturday.

If you were prepared to travel to the midlands, I know a centre in Coventry (Pitman Training I think) that used to be open until Saturday lunch time. If that's not too far, might be worth a train journey ...

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2K3, MCTS, MOS, MTA, MCT, MCITP:EDST7, MCSA W7, Citrix CCA, ITIL Foundation
    WIP: Nada
  3. dcuk

dcuk Bit Poster

thanks for the reply,

I've been taking this approach (you'd like to think that vue would have highlited the ones open on the weekends!). The best one that I've found so far is 360GSP in tooting bec (SW17 9SH for those who may need it, open from 10am to 10pm "apparently" though can only book till 6pm!) which does saturdays and sundays, though it was the furthest from my start point (20th test centre!). Does anyone know of something closer to Waterloo?

4. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

The reason for the restricted booking time (until 6pm) will be to allow for the length of the exam. You get 3hrs 30mins for the 290 if you include the time given to read all the legal mumbo jumbo at the start.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2K3, MCTS, MOS, MTA, MCT, MCITP:EDST7, MCSA W7, Citrix CCA, ITIL Foundation
    WIP: Nada
  5. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

LOL it's not far from Waterloo to Tooting Bec by train or car, what do you want, jam on it? For four years, I used to commute daily from Purley to Boreham Wood, now that was a nightmare. :eek:

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  6. dcuk

dcuk Bit Poster

Thanks for the replies,

btw, I'm not just going from waterloo to tooting (which is just 20 min's), I commute 2hrs into north london (each way) each day, I just want to limit how jaded I feel before sitting the exam.

anyhow, I think that I'll plump for the tooting bec and book my exam tomorrow. 3.5 hours seems a lot longer than the 270, does anyone have any idea how many questions there are?

ta,

dc

7. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

There are between 40 and 50 questions on the exam but the most common I've seen is 44.

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  8. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

There are between 40 and 50 questions on the exam but the most common I've seen is 44. Good luck with the exam too. :thumbleft

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685