Test centre experiences

Discussion in 'A+' started by Ray_S, May 14, 2007.

1. Ray_S

Ray_S New Member

Hi all,

I normally lurk but I thought I'd better share my experiences with my test centre (not naming and shaming though).

Passed 220-301 back in December 2006, 759/900.

Had 220-302 booked for this morning at 9:45am at the same test centre via Prometric.

Took the bus because I didn't sleep last night, too worried about the exam.

Got to the centre and they had no record of my exam being booked! :eek: Luckily I had all my paperwork with me, and after about 2 hours of me waiting around for people to find out what was going on I managed to sit the exam.

Turns out they didn't refresh their database and to make matters worse the person responsible was away (with the passwords), so I was mostly dealing with a temp, even though the temp did go the extra mile when it mattered most.

The exam itself was basically to do with customer relations and environmental health with the odd OS question thrown in here and there. Most of the OS stuff I studied in Mike Meyers A+ 5th ed didn't seem all that relevant to what was in the exam.

Anyways somehow I passed 220-302 with 771/900, so that's me certified. :D 8) Honestly I thought I was stuffed well and proper.

Anyone else out there needing to do either of the 2003 exams, get a move on, times almost up!

Time for some :sleeping I think, night all.

Certifications: A+ (2003), N+ (2009), MCP, MCDST
    WIP: 70-270, 70-682, ITIL V3 Foundation
  2. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

Congrats on the pass!

It never helps having stress when you are taking an exam, but it sounds as if you coped very well! :p

Harry.

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+
  3. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

Congrats on the pass! :biggrin

At least in the end you got what you went there for! :biggrin

4. nXPLOSi

nXPLOSi Terabyte Poster

Congrats mate, sounds like you deserved it! :)

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA 2003 (270, 290, 291), MCTS (640, 642), MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  5. Raffaz

Raffaz Kebab Lover Gold Member

Congrats on the pass:clap Ive never had any problems like that with my test centre so far, and hopefully i never will.

Certifications: A+, MCP, MCDST, AutoCAD
    WIP: Rennovating my house
  6. np3893

np3893 Bit Poster

Congrats mate,

Good to see you managed to stay relaxed even when the test centre had messed up.

I've not had any issues so far with a test centre, but you never know with computers :biggrin

Certifications: BSc, A+, MCSA 2k3, 70-293
    WIP: 70-294, 70-298
  7. Headache

Headache Gigabyte Poster

Good job, mate.

Their behavior at that centre is absolutely scandalous, mate. If it had been me, I'd have freaked out.

Certifications: CCNA
    WIP: CCNP
  8. Ray_S

Ray_S New Member

Thanks guys, I tell you the irony did not escape me, to put it in the CompTIA A+ way :wink: :

:rolleyes: :wink:

I guess being half asleep helped with my mood, if I had failed I certainly would of been seeking a free if not discounted retest.

Also didn't help matters that the exam PC I was assigned kept freezing when trying click on the answers, marking and moving back and forth between questions, knew it had problems because the clock was also freezing for several seconds every click. :dry

Again many thanks all! :)

9. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Congrats!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  10. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Congrats mate :biggrin

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  11. spitfirebbmf

spitfirebbmf Bit Poster

Well done mate :cheers :cheers

WIP: A+
  12. MrNerdy

MrNerdy Megabyte Poster

Well done on passing A+.
    I panicked before taking both papers, thought I would fail them both, but ended up with a really great pass mark & only got a few questions wrong.
    Went home after taking the 2nd paper and got plastered!!

Certifications: ECDL, CiscoIT1 & A+
    WIP: Girlfriend & Network+
  13. Ray_S

Ray_S New Member

Yet again, many thanks guys!

I've spent the last few days wrestling with the common dilemma, which cert to take next...

Can't really decide if I should do the MCDST or Network+ next, I've been hearing that the MCDST can be a little network heavy, so doing the N+ next might be better, but at the same time I don't want to forget what I've learnt about default XP for the A+ OS, if I do the MCDST after the N+, because software isn't my thing really and as some of what I learnt about XP is still fresh in my head, if you guys see what I mean.

14. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

MCDST is heavy on XP. Besides, if you plan on moving through the IT ranks, doing user-based systems and software support is almost a must before advancing to the network and server administration ranks... even if it's not "your thing".

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  15. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

Congrats on the pass and well done! :)

My test centre experiences have all been pretty good so far. The last exam I did though (70-291) I did have a bloke in the room with me who made a bit of a fuss and was quite distracting.

He was coughing a lot when he first sat down. Then when he started his exam he was hammering the mouse button so hard I thought he was gonna break it. He was the same on the keyboard as well. Took my attention right off what I was trying to do I can tell you. Then at one point a multi selection question wouldn't let him untick a box or something, so he ended up calling in the invigilator and someone else to witness this etc..

What a pain! I ended up just leaving the same question I had on the screen and not trying to understand it as I had plenty of time to spare (luckily). Once things had calmed down and he continued hammering his mouse, I carried on also. I felt like giving him a slap on the way out. :)

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2K3, MCTS, MOS, MTA, MCT, MCITP:EDST7, MCSA W7, Citrix CCA, ITIL Foundation
    WIP: Nada
  16. thunderbird

thunderbird Bit Poster

Congrats on the pass mate. I passed a couple of weeks back. Took mine in a very nice place in Somerset, good new equipment and very nice lady to book me in. Oh err!

Certifications: COMPTIA A+
    WIP: Network +