Test books?

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by manofice, Nov 12, 2007.

1. manofice

manofice New Member

Hey guys and gals,

I want to get my MCDST

But what I need are some study books... i've read a lot but most reviews are outdated on amazon.

Can anyone recommend who recently took the 271 and 272 test books that are the best? Thanks in advance

2. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

that site looks like its a braindump to me. and a quick google against the domain and 'braindump' seems to agree. BD's are actually against MS' terms and agreement, and is cheating. I would ask you to edit your post and remove the address.

And I would also suggest that you bin what you were given. They may help you pass the exam, but they ARE cheating and if you are caught, will be banned from ALL MS certifications for life (and any certs will be taken off you). Furthermore, you will be unable to actually DO the job you are studying for.

*Dons flameproof suit and stands back*

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present
  3. manofice

manofice New Member

Sorry didn't know that.

Well what i'm really looking for are some good solid books that will teach/help me take this test to PASS

:)

4. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Fergal seems to be correct especially if you search for that site/braindumps on google and it comes up with the best free braindumps you can get at their site.

Just be aware using braindumps can get you decertified for life.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  5. manofice

manofice New Member

I'm sorry but if you see my above post I already said I didn't know and i'm interested in solid books not a lesson on braindumps which I now know are illegal

6. greenbrucelee

7. manofice

manofice New Member

8. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

No problem. we just all tend to move pretty fast on BD sites, to preserve Certforums' integrity.

Most people arent actually aware that they are cheating, so you werent alone. Kudos to catching on and wanting to do it properly though. I cant comment on the MCDST books myself, but plenty of others can give good recommendations, and theres always google, and us on the forum to help you with the sections you dont understand.

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present
  9. greenbrucelee

as far as I am aware they are because the exam hasn't changed since they came out.

10. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

[​IMG]
    HTH :D

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  11. manofice

manofice New Member

my boss bought me both ms press books, can't wait to start reading

12. greenbrucelee

Must be a cool boss :)

13. derkit

derkit Gigabyte Poster

Nice one!
    I have both MS Press books, also the Sybex MCDST and both Exam Cram 2 books - all very useful.

Certifications: MBCS, BSc(Hons), Cert(Maths), A+, Net+, MCDST, ITIL-F v3, MCSA
    WIP: 70-293