Terminal Services

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by simongrahamuk, Jun 5, 2006.

1. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

Can anyone suggest where I might be able to find information on securing a Windows Server 2003 Terminal server?

Ideally I would like to do this using group policy, but the people who will be using the server are also members of other groups which have different policies applied and I don't want them to confilct. Is it possible to set the policy to only apply when they log onto the Terminal Server? If so how?

I would prefer to not have to tie the server down with local policies as this will affect admins.

Just for the record, I am simply testing out this at the moment with a view to possibly making it live. It will also be pure Windows Terminal Services, and not Citrix or other third party apps.

:blink

2. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

Try this m8, it may be what you are looking for.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2K3, MCTS, MOS, MTA, MCT, MCITP:EDST7, MCSA W7, Citrix CCA, ITIL Foundation
    WIP: Nada
  3. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

How the hell did I miss that! :oops: Looks like it could be just what I'm looking for, cheers Modey! :thumbleft

4. MarkN

MarkN Nibble Poster

Certifications: MCSE NT4\W2K,CNE,CCEA,ASE
    WIP: CCNA