Tell me about NY0-003

Discussion in 'Network+' started by JeanPierre, Apr 20, 2005.

1. JeanPierre

JeanPierre Banned

I want to know about upgraded/new version of Network+ exam(NY0-003). What are new exam objectives included or what deleted and what are the exam prerequistes. I'm Network+ certified and passed NY0-002. What i have new in this new exam going to be release?

2. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

I'm providing a link to the CompTIA Network+ page. To find out about the new objectives and what changes have been made, click the Network+ Objectives item in the menu at the upper left-hand side of the page. You'll be asked to register and then you can download the pdf files.

I just got done tech editing a Network+ Study Guide and I had to work from the new objectives. I just hope the way the test has been written has improved. The old test left something to be desired.

Here's the link:

http://www.comptia.org/certification/network/default.aspx

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  3. shep

shep Bit Poster

Looks like we are bidding goodbye to 10Base2 and 10Base5, and the different flavours of wireless and giga (even 10giga) bit networking are in.

Are there any books available yet for the new objectives? If not does anyone have any suggestions on how to study for the new exam. A Google search for each new objective seems a little tiresome....

Certifications: A+, Network+, Server+, ITIL Foundation v3, HP Server Accredited
  4. PaperThin

PaperThin New Member

Certifications: A+
    WIP: N+ N10-003, MCP 70-270
  5. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

Cramsession is preparing to publish a Network+ Study Guide as well. It'll be 80 or 90 pages long give or take the screen shots. I was the technical editor on the project, basically making sure all of the technical details were correct. If you find any mistakes, it'll be my fault. :oops:

6. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

I was hoping to go an do the N+ after I pass A+. The thing is, I have managed to accumulate quite a bit of training material and test questions in advance, but for the older exam. So I'm thinking my best shot is to whizz through the old material and take the test before they stop running it. End of June I have seen posted before with a possibility of it being extended into July.

Hmm, just hope I can get the studying done in time before the expiration deadline ...

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2K3, MCTS, MOS, MTA, MCT, MCITP:EDST7, MCSA W7, Citrix CCA, ITIL Foundation
    WIP: Nada
  7. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

Even if you don't, it won't be a waste. If you haven't already, go to www.comptia.org and look up the Network+ certification. You can download a pdf that shows the differences between the objectives of the old test and the new one. It will show you the parts of your current study materials you need to concentrate on. Good luck.

8. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

Yes thanks, I already have that, there was a link somewhere else. Good advice anyway, thanks for that.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2K3, MCTS, MOS, MTA, MCT, MCITP:EDST7, MCSA W7, Citrix CCA, ITIL Foundation
    WIP: Nada