Telewest connection working

Discussion in 'Internet, Connectivity and Communications' started by noelg24, Oct 17, 2005.

1. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

So I moved into my new place yesterday...set up my PC, linked up my Telewest modem to the line feeding into my room. Thinking it wont work I turned on the PC and then to my shcock horror it was working?!?!?! I thought how is this possible? Have Telewest connected me already cos they werent supposed to be coming round until Sat 22 Oct...and the house itself has been vacated for quite a while so the previous owners would have had the connection stopped...my connection at my old place wont be off until this Sat itself...but I am gonna ring Telewest later and find out if they have turned it on and if not will the engineer still need to come round...my only major problem is the cable itself...its coming from the landing and was going to the other room so when it comes into my room I cant close my door...so the only option I have is to drill a hole from the other room to my room and feed the cable thru that...this morning before I left work I had to leave the modem outside of my room so that I could lock my room (its a shared house)...so if the engineer does come round his trip wont be wasted otherwise I will have to obtain a drill myself...and I can be a very dangerous person when handling one of those bad boys :twisted: but for now it seems I am using the Internet for free...saying that I got my first bill thru the post with a total of £60 (2 months payment with £10 taken off cos I ordered off the Net)

Certifications: A+
    WIP: my life
  2. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

ok just rung Telewest and they said this normally happens so if its on I can use it for the time being but once its off I have to wait til the engineers come round on Sat...so for now I am using free service :D (I think!!!) but they said not to worry about it. its more likely that the people who asked to stop it probs set a later date...so I could go home tonight to find the connection stopped altogether...again not a problem as its being installed on Sat...

Certifications: A+
    WIP: my life