telehone interview advice needed!

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by tas121, Jan 21, 2008.

1. tas121

tas121 Nibble Poster

hi guys i have a telephone interview today at 2pm and i would like some advice on what questions maybe could be asked as this is my first phone interview im going to have. it is for a company supporting 4000 users and the technologies invovled for the role are windows nt, 200,2003,xp active directory and exchange 2003 any advice would be helpfull thanks

WIP: A+,mcp.mcdst,mcsa
  2. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

It could be questions on anything from if you have any knowledge of the systems the use or since its support they could be wanting to gague your telephone manner.

Just keep calm and you'll be ok.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  3. MrNerdy

MrNerdy Megabyte Poster

Don't bull***t.
    If you dont know an answer say so, being honest is better than trying to blag it.
    Mention your wanting to gain more qualification's & prepaired to do it in your own time?
    Do some research on the company so you know what they do, size & service offered etc.
    Stay calm & talk clearly.

Oh and good luck!

Certifications: ECDL, CiscoIT1 & A+
    WIP: Girlfriend & Network+
  4. tas121

tas121 Nibble Poster

thanks for the advice! i aint got a clue about the company except for they support 4,000 users how long can the interview last for?

WIP: A+,mcp.mcdst,mcsa
  5. Toadeh

Toadeh Nibble Poster

Find somit about the company.

Have some questions to ask.

They will generally use some competancy stuff like "give me an example of when..." prolly to do with customer service.

I have had phone interviews last between 30 and 60 mins. But they, I talk.... a lot :)

Don't be scared to ask them to rephrase a question or if you don't understand, ask them to repeat it. And look at somit to do with STAR responses, (Situation, Task, Action Taken, Result).

Good luck though, they are generally just to make sure you ain't a complete fool.

Certifications: BSc(Hons), MCTS Web Development