TechNet Subscription

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by kdot, Jul 23, 2009.

1. kdot

kdot New Member

Have been considering subscribing to technet, besides the software, are the other benefits worth it?

Cant see anywhere I can see what the resources are like and dont know if they would even be useful for studying for the MCDST and MCSA?

Anyone that has or had a subscription if you wouldnt mind could you sell it to me a bit and let me know what you found useful or what you have used it for

Thanks.

2. dales

dales Terabyte Poster

I have a subscription and only really use it for the software (it really does include pretty much everything MS have ever made). The newsgroups you also get access to I have found are not really of any use, Im sure that the online chat feature would be useful (helps you find technical and non technical information on the MS site) and you also get a free support incident per year (So if you really need to phone up MS for an issue then you get one go for free).

I must admit I have not really used any other part of the subscription apart from the software downloads.

Certifications: vExpert 2014+2015+2016,VCP-DT,CCE-V, CCE-AD, CCP-AD, CCEE, CCAA XenApp, CCA Netscaler, XenApp 6.5, XenDesktop 5 & Xenserver 6,VCP3+5,VTSP,MCSA MCDST MCP A+ ITIL F
    WIP: Nothing
  3. Gingerdave

Gingerdave Megabyte Poster

I used it for the software and then to be honest went meh, and havent renewed it this year, I can't make the leap from bennift to cost at the moment

Certifications: A+,MCP, MCDST, VCP5 /VCP-DV 5, MCTS AD+ Net Inf 2008, MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  4. supernova

supernova Gigabyte Poster

if i remember correctly isn't there a better knowledge base?

Certifications: Loads
    WIP: Lots
  5. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Yep... it's called "Google".

That said, TechNet Plus is worth it for the software.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!