tcpip question

Discussion in 'Network+' started by nedia, Apr 27, 2008.

1. nedia

nedia New Member

how indepth do you have to go with tcpip stuff for the n+?

im currently learning from Link Removed and it is pretty long winded (about 400 odd pages overall)

2. MacAllan

MacAllan Byte Poster

For N+ that is really overkill

Certifications: A+, N+, CCNA
    WIP: CCNP, Linux+
  3. nedia

nedia New Member

was thinkin that lol read the first 2 chapters which came to over 100 pages including images .. most of it was ok to follow but the odd bit needed read over a few times

its a lot to take in!

4. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

You would do better to use either the Groth book or the Mike Meyers one. Those are tailored very closely to the N+ requirements.

I agree with MacAllan - that site is useful, but has some very advanced stuff which won't be required.

Harry.

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+
  5. nedia

nedia New Member

yea just dont have the money for those books at the minute, anyone got an old one they fancy sellin cheap second hand! :D

eager to get started so thats why i was reading ahead

6. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Yep... and that link is to an illegal copy of a copyrighted book. Personally, I don't like it very much when people steal my hard work... I'm sure they wouldn't like it much either.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  7. nedia

nedia New Member

sorry mate no harm meant i was just googling for information!

ive just ordered mike meyers book from amazon so hopefully all goes well!

8. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

No problem, mate... sometimes, it's hard to tell whether something is copyrighted or a uniquely created work. :)

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!