Tabula Rasa

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by Fergal1982, Oct 28, 2007.

1. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

Has anyone been eagerly looking forward to Tabula Rasa, due out next month apparently?

I've been reading some reviews on it, and it seems fairly interesting. For a start its made by Richard Garriott - maker of Ultima Online. There are also various changes to how they intend gameplay to work that sounds really intriguing.

I normally play WoW, but have stopped in the past few months, after getting a bit bored with it. Tried Guild Wars and I just wasnt impressed really, it just didnt have the same bite to it.

Hellgate London: I've tried the beta for a bit, but again I wasnt entirely bowled over by it.

TR however, could be interesting. What do you guys think?

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present
  2. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

I played the rather rocky early beta of TR, had some interesting concepts and I loved most of the previous games by Lord British :)

I will have to give it a shot again now its in a later beta stage, and knowing me I'll pick up a copy for the one month trial and have at that

I currently have three active Eve Online accounts though so that's really my forte at the moment :)
    Eagerly awaiting Tech II battleships in the form of Black Ops and Maurader vessels, yum

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  3. Armchair Pimp

Armchair Pimp Byte Poster

Yeah.. I've been playing the beta.. not entireley sure what I think of it as I'm not a fan of FPS games due to me getting motion sickness.. unfortunateley I can manage the same with TR... I suspect it will improve with updates.. but we shall see..

Certifications: MCP, MCDST, ITIL Found+Pract, A+
    WIP: MCSA, MCTS, MCITP
  4. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

It isn't an FPS its a MMORPG.

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  5. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

Yeah, but its done from a kind of FPS standpoint. Attacks are calculated on stats and die rolls, but you fight like in an FPS. so you hide behind cover, etc. All these factors are then taken into account during the combat.

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present
  6. Armchair Pimp

Armchair Pimp Byte Poster

And therein lies the problem for me.. waaaay too much camera sweeping for my poor brain!

Certifications: MCP, MCDST, ITIL Found+Pract, A+
    WIP: MCSA, MCTS, MCITP