System Engineers - Required - LONDON

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by oush, Sep 2, 2011.

1. oush

oush Byte Poster

Systems Engineer – Recording and Compliance Services (Experience required)
    London, United Kingdom

activities
    An established global telecom provider of dealing room and telecommunications solutions with an office network covering over 24 major financial cities with more than 35,000 trading turrets installed in 1,300+ dealing rooms worldwide. Our success has been achieved through an unrivaled investment in Research and Development which has produced some of the industry's most advanced technologies.

department
    Operations

about the role
    We offer a range of technologies to the Financial Community. Your role is to support these, our Customers and our Business from pre sale, through implementation and into Service mode.
    You will be joining us as an experienced engineer however your learning curve towards the breadth and depth of technology supported by us may be steep. You will find yourself in an environment of high expectation, high levels of technical knowledge and professionalism. Expect to work hard and learn fast.
    You will focus upon the voice recording solutions and visualization technologies, your key activities will include but not be limited to the following.

• It is ESSENTIAL that you already understand the following technologies:
    Operating Systems, Relational Databases, Voice and Data networking and storage, and Server Visualizations.

Your duties will consist of but not be limited to the following.

• Trouble shooting, diagnosis, resolutions of service related faults and application of recommend product fixes

• Remote Access to aid diagnosis and fix

• Database Administration

• Capture and analysis of system logs and alarms

• Software downloads

• Equipment test

• Software and System configuration

• Understanding the impact of change to our systems and recommending appropriate steps to avoid adverse impact

• Production of Method Statements, scope of works or similar planning around change control

• Liaison and escalation for technical support including manufacture when appropriate

• Provisioning on Installations

• Detailed analysis of system logs and alarms

• Consultation regarding implementing Software Upgrades and Updates

• Detailed Software and System configuration

• Low level design sign off

• System sign off and acceptance

• Liaison with Project Managers to produce complex implementation plans

• Fault replication

• Engineering and Customer technical training

• Participation in the on call scheme once trained

about you technical skills
    It is ESSENTIAL that you can demonstrate a track record of Self motivation with a thirst for learning and understanding new technology.

It is ESSENTIAL that you are able to learn and adapt to new technology independently and efficiently
    Must have a minimum of 2 years relevant implementation experience and providing high-level customer support
    Experience must include working at a various customer sites
    Preference will be given to applicants who have certification in the required technologies but who may also have worked for a voice recording solutions provider or manufacturer.

Must have very strong servers knowledge Windows 2003, Windows 2008.
    ESSENTIAL either MCITP: Enterprise Administrator certification required or DBA certification required

about you personal attributes
    Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
    Some CTI/CDR knowledge (Cisco/Nortel/Avaya) is beneficial
    Collaborative working and willing to share knowledge and experience.
    Customer focused with excellent rapport building skills
    Demonstrates professionalism and empathy with Customers and Colleagues
    Able to assimilate and understand the principles of the relevant technology and apply that knowledge in practice
    Willingness to adopt new skills and to share and teach their colleagues
    Ability to understand and apply new troubleshooting techniques and tools
    Understands the need to work, and act within the constraints of the Customer change control and security policy
    Understands the need to work and act, in accordance with our internal processes and SLA criteria
    Dedication and flexibility
    Able to multi task and remain focused and calm in pressured situations
    Demonstrates initiative, resilience and able to accept responsibility

additional information
    Shift Rota working to apply (8 hours between 07:00 - 19 :00)
    24/7 cover on call out where qualifications permit
    Possible occasional activities within UK mainland and abroad

contract
    Permanent

SALARY IS VERY COMPETITIVE! Please send all CV's to [email protected] - We are willing to consider candidates with lesser experiance then stated above as long as they have the motivation to self study and show enthusiasm.

Certifications: MCITP: EA, Linux+, CCNA, CCDA
    WIP: CCIP
  2. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

Is this genuine? For a start the grammar seems poor to me which would set a few alarm bells ringing. As does the fact that a reputable company would use a free webmail address for applications?

That's meant to be ironic I guess? :)

Seems a bit fishy after such a long list of requirements for the job.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2011
    Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2K3, MCTS, MOS, MTA, MCT, MCITP:EDST7, MCSA W7, Citrix CCA, ITIL Foundation
    WIP: Nada
  3. Rob1234

Rob1234 Megabyte Poster Forum Leader

They will proabably send you an attachment with a formt o fill in and it contains some type of malware or just the first step in some social engieering attack see quite a few of these around latly.

Certifications: A few.
  4. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

SPAM alert:)

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell
  5. oush

oush Byte Poster

hi chaps,

this is in fact real. I was in a rush when compiling it, im not allowed to really post this job ad as of yet as a recruitment agency has the exclusivity of it for the first 2 weeks (company agreement) if you send me a private message i will give you my work email.

Certifications: MCITP: EA, Linux+, CCNA, CCDA
    WIP: CCIP
  6. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

Do you mind if I reply in a rush and litter my application with typos and poor grammar?
    Or will that in some way reflect on my professionalism and commitment to the role in question?

:blink

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  7. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

I think you need to give an indication on salary, not that I am personally interested but to get a better response it may be fair to give a range (after all why bother wasting your time if the salary is too low?)

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA