Sybex Network+ Prep Test ?

Discussion in 'Network+' started by Jakamoko, Sep 14, 2003.

1. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Hi All,

Just wondering anyone's opinions on how like the real exam they found the Preps on the Sybex CD ?

I'm ready to book, and scoring well using this test, but don't want to be lulled into a false sense of security (like I nearly did with tha A+ preps :oops: )

Any and all opinions more than welcome :?:

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  2. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

No views on this one, Folks ? :tune

3. Luton Bee

Luton Bee Kilobyte Poster

I have to say Jako that I really can't remember what the Sybex tests were like but as it is (i Presume) the test that comes with the study book for the exam it should be useful. I think as many prep tests as you can manage to do always help. Are you doing the NITLC workshop for this Jak?

Certifications: MCSE, MCSA, MCP, A+, Network+ C&G ICT
    WIP: CCNA
  4. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Thanks Luton,

No, not doing any of the Nitlc workshops for reasons I've rattled off already (ie, mainly £££). Mind you, I've managed this far without them ...

Did post there too to ask the same thing, word is the Sybex are good compared with the real thing, so I guess I'll just go on and book.... :eek:

Thanks, mate :wink:

5. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

I didn't use any of the sybex materials when I studied for the Network+. My instructor at the time wanted me to review a Course Technology book on the Network+ that he was considering using to teach from in the next semester.

I used the Course Technology book (dry as dust, but it covered all the material) and the Mike Meyers Passport book to study from. I shelled out some bucks for the transcender mock test software...pricey, but it really prepared me for the real thing. Here's the link to transcender:

http://www.transcender.com/ You can download a free demo to try it out. Good luck.

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  6. Reders

Reders Bit Poster