Sybex MCSA Windows Server 2012 R2 book

Discussion in 'Windows Server 2003 / 2008 / 2012 / 2016' started by chrisleech, Jun 29, 2017.

1. chrisleech

chrisleech Bit Poster

Evening,
    When anyone was using this book did they notice that on Page 223 when configuring shared and NTFS settings, he mentions the "sales" group. But the book at that stage hasn't even taught you about setting up that group..... obviously it's easy to do but seems like a bit of a clanger from them!

2. Juelz

Juelz Gigabyte Poster

not read the book but to be fair, I'm not surprised, dont think I've come across an IT book that didn't have some form of errors in.

3. chrisleech

chrisleech Bit Poster

I'm sure it's happened again, page 95 on DNS config, the book talks about a certain popup box with the usual General tab at the beginning and then other named tabs...... not what i see when i right click and go to properties when in the DNS area in Server Manager.....

4. chrisleech

chrisleech Bit Poster

Figured it out, they don't tell you but you need to go into "forward lookup zones" and then right click the domain you created! Thanks Sybex.... pfft