Sweetie shop choice.....

Discussion in 'General Cisco Certifications' started by jonny7_2002, Feb 1, 2011.

1. jonny7_2002

jonny7_2002 Byte Poster

I am looking for a Cisco router that meets the following requirements:

1. Support 100mb leased line (ethernet presentation)
    2. With ADSL for failover
    3. QoS support needed for voice aswell.
    4. Cheap as possible :blink

I may have done my CCNA and currently doing my CCNP but i have never actually purchased a cisco router myself or told the procurement guys which router to get.....

I have had a look around and found the 1921 routers seem to have modular support which would be ideal to install an ADSL WIC. Now the confusion comes.... could i use the built in Gigabit Ethernet ports to present the leased line to and would it utilise the ful 100 Mbps link? or would i have to install another Ethernet WIC?

I was looking at a simple routin 'failover' with static routes to both the Lease line (lower metric = 1st choice) and the Adsl line (higher metric = 2nd choice). any other suggestions would be helpfull to educate me.

Any help will, as always, be apreciated!! 8)

Cheers
    Jonny

Certifications: CCNA R&S, CCNP R&S, CCDA, CCNA Voice, CCNA Wireless & CCNA Security
    WIP: CCIE V5 (when its out)
  2. jonny7_2002

jonny7_2002 Byte Poster

The reason i ask about the onboard ethernet ports is because it states on the crib sheet that it supports only 15mbps throughput.....

"High performance with integrated services
    • The Cisco 1900 Series enables deployment in high-speed WAN environments with concurrent services enabled up to 15 Mbps. "

Or am i barking up the wrong tree?

Link to information: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6789/ps7290/ps10589/data_sheet_c78-598389.html

Cheers
    Jon

Certifications: CCNA R&S, CCNP R&S, CCDA, CCNA Voice, CCNA Wireless & CCNA Security
    WIP: CCIE V5 (when its out)