Sun Certified Java Associate

Discussion in 'Other IT certifications' started by jef, Aug 5, 2009.

1. jef

jef Bit Poster

Hi there.

I've recently (for some reason) decided to do some Java, and I've found it really very easy due to a very long background with C++.

The Sun Certified Java Associate test says it test basic OO understanding and a few other things such as basic UML etc. And I'm really starting to enjoy programming again so I'm thinking about doing some of these certs.

I'm wondering if anybody here has taken the test, or knows of a past test, or perhaps just knows the sort of thing they're looking for.

Anyway, any books/website links would be appreciated.

James

Certifications: nowt.
    WIP: bits and bobs
  2. dmarsh
    Honorary Member 500 Likes Award

dmarsh Petabyte Poster

Try this :-

http://www.amazon.com/Programmers-G...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1249486253&sr=1-1

I used a previous version to take the SCJP, most places ask for SCJP so theres little point in taking SCJA unless you are taking your time and finding programming hard.

3. jef

jef Bit Poster

ah right can you jump straight to the SCJP? I haven't read hugely into it I just assumed it was similar to the cisco certs in that you had to do them in a heirachical order

Certifications: nowt.
    WIP: bits and bobs
  4. dmarsh
    Honorary Member 500 Likes Award

dmarsh Petabyte Poster