Studying for A+ Exam Any tips?

Discussion in 'A+' started by Matthias31, Apr 20, 2013.

1. Matthias31

Matthias31 New Member

Hi guys, I'm a new member, currently preparing for my A+. Can anyone recommend any sites that have some random comptia questions. I'm going through the certblaster software, but I'd like a few more practice exams to see if I'm really ready to go for the real exam.

Regards
    Matt

2. Dazzo

Dazzo Byte Poster

As far as free exam questions I don't recall I ever found any.

I did use the Boson software for practice exams for the Comptia A+ when I took it and would definitely recommend that!

That and Mike Myers book helped a lot to pass.

Certifications: A+, MOS: Master 2010, Network +
    Matthias31 likes this.
  3. Matthias31

Matthias31 New Member

Hi Dazzo, thanks for your response. I'll check out the Boson software. I was preparing for the 701-702, but I think I'll take a bit more time and start preparing for the 801-802. Fingers crossed, I'll be a+ qualified by the end of the year. Thanks again for your info and time.

Regards
    Matthias

4. shadowwebs

shadowwebs Megabyte Poster

the comptia website used to have a free 100 question mock test, but it looks like they took it down which is a real shame, it's probably worth you looking at Professor Messer website and registering for his free 'pop quiz', where you will get an email a day question, and is a good way to test your memory.

Certifications: compTIA A+, Apple Certified Technical Coordinator 10.10 (OS X Yosemite, Server and Support)
    Matthias31 likes this.
  5. Matthias31

Matthias31 New Member

Morning Shadowwebs, cheers for your input. Yeah the comptia website offered 30 sample questions which I tried and passed, but like you said the mock questions have been removed unfortunately, I've registered for the professor messer's pop quizzes aswell and I'm getting those right as well. Could you tell me if these questions are around the same level of difficulty as the a+ exam? If so I feel I'm ready for the 701-702 but if the questions on the exam require a higher level of detail/knowledge I might start preparing for the 801-802 series instead. What would you recommend?

6. shadowwebs

shadowwebs Megabyte Poster

in my opinion, because the 801/802 series is now live, it's probably best to focus on that exam... but if you feel your ready to hit the 701 then go for it followed up by the 702 once ready

Certifications: compTIA A+, Apple Certified Technical Coordinator 10.10 (OS X Yosemite, Server and Support)
    Matthias31 likes this.
  7. livingwater

livingwater Bit Poster

CompTIA A+ 220-801 and 220-802 Authorized Exam Cram (6th Edition) [Paperback]

Also has a disk with some test questions

Certifications: A+, N+
    Matthias31 likes this.
  8. Matthias31

Matthias31 New Member

Cheers Shadowwebs and Livingwater, I feel pretty confident with the 701, but I will start preparing for the 801, atleast this way I can have more time to prepare. Livingwater I'll take a look for the Exam Cram book you advised.

Thanks all.

9. Adegilio

Adegilio Bit Poster

I used Exam-cram 801-802 edition with the CD included that has a ton of questions to practice with. My advice is make sure you read and question yourself to figure out which topics you need more time with. I recently passed the troubleshooting part of my A+ cert and it feels great man! Good luck and study hard. Remember it doesn't hurt to test yourself with any practice questions Google can find.

Hope you pass!

Certifications: A+
    WIP: Net+
    Matthias31 likes this.
  10. Learntec Glen

Learntec Glen Bit Poster

If you learn the objectives well, then you'll have no probs with exam. Go though the official objectives one by one and asked yourself, do I know this? if the answer is Yes, then you'll pass with flying colours.

Certifications: A+, Sec+, MCP, MCTS, MCSA, MCSE, MCITP, CVE
    WIP: Server 2012
    Matthias31 likes this.
  11. Ayunie

Ayunie New Member

can i ask about latest question exam??

12. Chief

Chief Bit Poster

Go 801... there's new content that I think you'll find helpful when you get hired.

Certifications: MCSE (2003), MSTS Vista, S+, N+, A+, CCA (Metaframe), MCSE (NT4)
    WIP: MCSA (2008/2012), CCA (XenApp 6.5, XenServer 6), CCNA (Not sure, but probably +Security)
    Matthias31 likes this.
  13. Matthias31

Matthias31 New Member

Guys just thought, I'd keep you updated on my progress. Revision is going really well, my only concern is, the questions I go through on certblaster and professor messer's pop quizzes, I can answer relatively easily but I am not sure if these questions would be of the same level of difficulty as on the A+ exam. Which is why I feel that I should go for the 801 to enable me to go more in depth on some of the objectives. Chief, I 100% agree with you and focus on the 801. My learning provider advised that I would automatically be put forward for the 801 without any additional charges if I don't complete the 701 course in time, so atleast it won't put an additional dent in my wallet. Learntec cheers for the feedback, I've been using the Objectives sheet as a revision guide as you suggested and it's going really well.
    Thank you all for taking the time to respond and I'll post back on here soon to let you know how I'm doing.

14. zach.mantle

zach.mantle New Member

Hey, if you want to some free practice questions, you can visit myitstudy website They have CompTIA free tests on their website. All the best for your exam.

15. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

Stop spamming, 3 out of your 4 posts have all been spam. Stop it.

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA