Study Time

Discussion in 'Network+' started by mcrilly, Sep 19, 2010.

1. mcrilly

mcrilly Byte Poster

Greetings,

I am looking to start studying towards me Network+ certificate. My plan to is gain the N+, L+ and then the S+ before moving onto the CCNA+ range of certificates.

I was wondering what resources you guys suggest for studying the Network+ and how many hours per week you would say is required to study all of the material and get the exam done before 2011?

Kind regards,

Mike.

Certifications: CCENT
    WIP: CCNA, RHCE, & VCP
  2. cyphertheory

cyphertheory Bit Poster

Hey Mike

I would say that in my experience, I found that I could manage 2 hours a day to really pay attention to the materials and work through a topic. I would say that I possibly could have done all the study needed to complete the exam inside a month.

Obviously this was me and you are different. do you have experience working in networking support or do you currently have an IT role?. This may effect the amount of time you may need to study if you are not making yourself familiar with the real world applications regularly.

In a way there is kind of a 'false' deadline of the end of the year because of the move by CompTIA to go with a recertification route, so perphaps if you want the Network+ without having to recertify in the next 3 years to get it done as soon as you can.

Best of luck bud

Certifications: MCDST, Network+ C&G NVQ lvl 3
    WIP: 70-682 I think :P
  3. soundian

soundian Gigabyte Poster

Everybody is different. I did my N+ straight after my A+ so I had networking knowledge from that and my study methods were optimised by that point. I estimate I did around 130 hours. Meyers All-In-One was all I used I think.

Certifications: A+, N+,MCDST,MCTS(680), MCP(270, 271, 272), ITILv3F, CCENT
    WIP: Knuckling down at my new job