Study materials

Discussion in 'Windows Server 2003 / 2008 / 2012 / 2016' started by Arunram, Jan 7, 2009.

1. Arunram

Arunram Byte Poster

Hello Everyone,
    Actually i am having this material for 70-290 http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/syllabi/2277c.aspx . i want to know whether this book is enough for getting good marks....

Certifications: MCP
    WIP: MCSE
  2. kevicho

kevicho Gigabyte Poster

I passed the exam, and used the MSpress 290 book, but Ive also had practical experience of server support, so that was beneificial also, not done this course but id imagine the format is very similar.

So I guess its the same with all exams, if you have experience it will be an advantage (although from experience MS exams and real life dont necessarily reflect each other 100% of the time)

Good luck with your exam

Certifications: A+, Net+, MCSA Server 2003, 2008, Windows XP & 7 , ITIL V3 Foundation
    WIP: CCNA Renewal
  3. Big_nath

Big_nath Kilobyte Poster

The link you provided is for an instructor led course? not a book. But i really depends on your experience, if you have had a year or so administering a 2k3 enviroment you won't find it too bad, but if not you might find yourself abit over your head, with some sections. But everybody learns at different speeds and from different methods.

The MS press books are always a good one to start with.

Certifications: MCP, MCSA, MCSA:M, MCSE, MCTS
    WIP: A few
  4. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

You could get those books, but you wouldn't be able to do any of the labs as that book (to go with that course) is dependant on a classroom set-up. I use to teach those classes.

The MSPress books are pretty good, have a look at them. As for the score, that is down to you and not a book.

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  5. craigie

craigie Terabyte Poster

When I passed the 70-290, I used the MS Press Book and CBT Nuggets.

There is a Study Guide in my sig, take a looksi.

Certifications: CCA | CCENT | CCNA | CCNA:S | HP APC | HP ASE | ITILv3 | MCP | MCDST | MCITP: EA | MCTS:Vista | MCTS:Exch '07 | MCSA 2003 | MCSA:M 2003 | MCSA 2008 | MCSE | VCP5-DT | VCP4-DCV | VCP5-DCV | VCAP5-DCA | VCAP5-DCD | VMTSP | VTSP 4 | VTSP 5