Study guide, book, or practice exam?

Discussion in 'Linux+' started by certexpert, Dec 25, 2007.

1. certexpert

certexpert Bit Poster

Can someone recommend the study guides, books, or practice exams that I can use to prepare for CompTIA Linux+ exam?

2. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

So few people on this forum have taken or plan to take this exam, that I don't think many folks are going to be able to give you a specific answer. I looked this up on amazon and came back with search results for various books. You might want to take a look at the reviews for each to see which one or ones (I recommend using at least two sources when studying for any exam) would be best. Here's the link to the Amazon search results.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_g...as=stripbooks&field-keywords=linux+&x=18&y=16

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  3. certexpert

certexpert Bit Poster

Thank you!

The link is usefull.

4. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

It's been years since I took Linux+, so I won't be much help to you... the resources I used are majorly outdated. :)

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  5. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

I think it was Freddy who characterized the Linux+ exam as a mile wide and an inch deep. It covers a very broad range of Linux administration categories but not in any great detail. Not sure it would be as useful as other Linux certifications such as the LPI.

Certifications: A+ and Network+