Student discount unless you live in Wales?

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by cosway, Mar 26, 2010.

1. cosway

cosway Nibble Poster

I've just got off the phone to Prometric and Im so angry I just want to break something....:x

I tried to book my 290 exam, I am a part time student and as such I should be able to book a 72-290 exam for about half the usual price of a 70-290 exam. Untill now I had paid full price - I've been a student for 5 years and have only just stumbled over this info...

You can't book online, and you must call the prometric booking line...

I was just told that if I wanted the discounted exam I would not be able to take the exam in Cardiff (none of the test centers in Cardiff accept these exams). I was told to go to London to sit the test...

I like London and have enjoyed many happy long weekends there, but traveling to london just to save £40-£50 off the price of an exam is a bit too much.

And I just bought a student ID card from student services just for the exam (thats another £11.50 down the drain)

Does anybody know a testing center that accepts bookings for the discounted 72-xxx microsoft exams?

Certifications: MCDST, MCSA, A+
    WIP: MCSE
  2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

It's not just being a student. You have to be a Microsoft Academy Student in order to take advantage of the 72* or 73* exams.

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  3. Kitkatninja

Every testing centre I've used accepts any MS exam (but then again every testing centre I've used have also been Microsoft Academy - 5 of them).

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
  4. cosway

cosway Nibble Poster

5. anto6ik7

anto6ik7 Nibble Poster

Certifications: MCDST, 70-290
    WIP: MCSA
  6. cosway

cosway Nibble Poster

Thanks anto6ik7

I'm not going to try and take a student exam now, I feel that the powers that be have placed are too many obsticles in the way to get the discount (Im a student at Glamorgan University, I don't think Microsoft recognise this Uni). I will keep paying full price.

Thanks anyway anto6ik7

7. Kitkatninja

I'll double check, as this is a separate offer from Microsoft.

-Ken