Struggling to find exam centres and suitable dates

Discussion in 'Windows Server 2003 / 2008 / 2012 / 2016' started by D6UEH, Nov 12, 2008.

1. D6UEH

D6UEH New Member

I am looking at doing my 70-290 exam in the next few weeks, usually I go to Milton Keynes QA-IQ but they are completely pants at putting dates on their system meaning I usually have to wait for weeks to take an exam I am ready for. At the moment the nearest date is in 2009!

Anyone from Northants got a similar issue in trying to get an exam date? I find it hard to believe there isnt one in Northampton!

If you don't go to Milton Keynes where else do you take the exam?

Kind regards,

Dave

Certifications: MCP, MCDST, MCTS
    WIP: MCSA, then maybe CCNA, ITIL
  2. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Are you booking the exam online mate?

I had a similar problem when I was booking the 70-284 as the test centre was booked solid for weeks but when I checked the next day suddenly one free day was available the same week! Not sure if it was a cancellation or what. :blink

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  3. D6UEH

D6UEH New Member

Yeah online with Prometric. I look at the MK one and there is nothing for months but if i got to the Luton one which is twice as far for me to go there is one every day practically. Wish I didnt have to go so far to get the date I want.

4. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Tresham Institute (Wellingborough) is still working on the Prometric testing centre issue. Apart from Luton the only other testing centre which is about the same distance as the Luton one is GLOBAL KNOWLEDGE TRAINING (Site Code: GB37) which is in the Business Park in Coventry.

You can see this post on test centre reviews :)

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  5. D6UEH

D6UEH New Member

Yeah Luton does seem to be better with exam availability. I did email to ask why MK didnt put so many on but got a rubbishy email back that offered no insight.

I think it will be Luton then! :P

6. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Some places are training centres and sometimes offer more access to people if they are studying there.

THere is a place is Newcastle which only offers testing if you are student there which I think is a bit of a con and they shouldn't be available on the pearsonvue website.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?