Strata for Green IT, FC0-GR1, Exam Query

Discussion in 'General CompTIA Certifications' started by Korst, Nov 27, 2011.

1. Korst

Korst New Member

Hi folks!

This is my first ever post and I was looking for info on the Strata for Green IT exam. I was directed to these forums 'cause apparently you're a 'helpful bunch' :)

I've been working through Manning's book with the test questions at the end and got hold of the 85 question PDF floating about (I think every examcram company has the same 85 question PDF...) but I can't find anyone who's already sat the exam to tell me if the exam is similar to these questions or different!

Is there anyone there who has sat the exam already and can give a wee review of the exam? Is it all single answer multiple choice? Anything in particular that tripped anyone up?
    It's supposed to be an easy exam, but I'm getting nervous, 'cause I really can't afford to fail it.

Thanks for your help folks, any suggestions welcome :)

2. TheITCrowd

TheITCrowd Kilobyte Poster

Not sure what you are actually asking for here? If you are looking to see if you have a brain dump then nobody will help you here, Brain dumps are illegal and undermine the I.T industry qualifications. If you want info on the exam check this link out: Everything you want to know about CompTIA Strata Green IT FC0-GR1 exam | uCertify's learning platform I had not heard of the exam so had a quick Google Dont know anything about the website my link goes to but it gives a good description of the qualification. :biggrin

Certifications: Network + |CCNA |MCTS-70-680,MCTS-70-401, MCTS-70-656, MCTS-70-351 |HP AIS ProCurve Networking -2011 | HP2-896 |VCD-CP27|JNCIA |Hewlett Packard ASE - Network Infrastructure (2011)
    WIP: 642-813
  3. Korst

Korst New Member

Thanks Crowd!
    I'm not really looking for study material, really looking for the type of questions I'll get in the exam. I've got some test questions from three different sources (books, test demos etc) but they all tend to give different types of questions. I know the questions are multiple choice, but that's really all the info I have, I don't even know if they'll all be single answer or multiple answers or a mix!
    I guess I'm looking for someone to say "I've sat the exam and the UCertify demo is similar to the exam" or "The questions at the back of Manning's book are a lot like the ones you'll get".
    I'm not in any way trying to cheat or get questions and answers before I sit the exam or try and get braindumps (I like doing it the old fashioned way), but I do want to know which company is the most accurate and give the best test questions so I can focus my study a bit more leading up to the exam.
    If anyone has sat the exam and have suggestions with what helped them pass, any info you can share would be appreciated!

4. Korst

Korst New Member

Well I passed the Green IT exam (thank you :biggrin ) and it's really not much to worry about at all.

To answer my own question, the exam is 30 questions, multiple choice with a single answer for almost every question. There are just a couple of questions which are 'choose two' or 'choose all that apply'.
    I only read manning's book, so I can't really recommend different books, but most cert-prep companies sell a set of 85 questions (I think it's the same set of questions for most companies), of which, the demos at least, are very close to what you'll get in the exam.

I hope this is useful to someone and best of luck!

5. Notes_Bloke

Notes_Bloke Terabyte Poster

Congrats on the pass:D

NB

Certifications: 70-210, 70-215, A+,N+, Security+
    WIP: MCSA
  6. Asterix

Asterix Megabyte Poster

Although I'm aware of this cert existing I haven't heard of anyone who is planning to (or already) completed this and and I'm really confused to why people would want to do this and whether this would have any value to potential employers, did you want to pass this yourself? For what reason? did your company ask you to pass this? Is it a requirement where you work?

I'm really not trying to take anything away from your achievement but tbh it seems like a bit of a joke certification and in my head I imagine test questions such as:

What should you do with an old laptop that is no longer required?
    1) throw it in the general rubbish
    2) Store it until the price of scrap laptops rises
    3) Use it to stone crows
    4) Donate it to a laptop recycling scheme