Strange issue

Discussion in 'Networks' started by Arunram, Apr 9, 2010.

1. Arunram

Arunram Byte Poster

4 months back i had faced one strange issue, the issue is the user was using xp and its in domain, but it is not recognizing domain. i mean, if we want to add one user in remote users group we need to enter the user name and we use to click check names, if i click that it is telling that there is no such user:eek::eek: , further we are not able to see any of his shared folders if we are a standard user. but we can access if we are a local admin :eek:

there is no gp like restricting network access, since the user was in a critical project we just replaced the machine but we have not diagnosed the issue :hhhmmm but i am still wondering what could be the issue with that machine, actually 2 users were facing the same issue ...

What i should have done?:rolleyes:

Certifications: MCP
    WIP: MCSE
  2. westernkings

westernkings Gigabyte Poster

Sounds like it's struggling to actually find the domain first. For instance if you add two NICs to a PC attached to the domain (one NIC Domain and one NIC directly to the interwebs through a modem or whatever) then without doing anything special and any configuration, it will really struggle to find anything (if at all)

Certifications: MCITP:VA, MCITP:EA, MCDST, MCTS, MCITP:EST7, MCITP:SA, PRINCE2, ITILv3