Strange dream

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by zxspectrum, Nov 23, 2009.

1. zxspectrum

zxspectrum Terabyte Poster Forum Leader Gold Member

Thought id share this with you as if you dont tell anyone apparently theres a chance of it coming true, or is that me being superstitious again

Ok so im dreaming im laying on a couch where there are three dogs, a black lab, a boxer dog and an alsation. The black lab come up and sniffs me like a dog does and starts licking just above my knees. Hes got the scent of something and starts to climb up as a dog does. However the lab starts getting more and more aggressive and then the other 2 dogs join in

So at this point for some reason i think **** it ill fight them off, but i cant get up and im now seeing the dogs teeth bite my hands, but i donmt see any blood at all. i slowly 'drift away' and then i think i wakle up

I say think as im not surte if i feel the way i do because of the dream, i think i wake up takin a deep breath, but cant be sure and to be honest i think ive passed over to the other side, but im not scared, im quite relaxed to be honest, even thoguh i have a bit of a cold sweat,

Dunno what you can read into that, i know that when things attack you and you cant beat them away, its a sign of your enemies getting closer etc.

I sort of want to tell my doctor/nurse as i do have an underlying health condtition, which could be part of it, i dont know for sure though.

Any thoughts anyone

Ed

Certifications: BSc computing and information systems
    WIP: 70-680
  2. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

First off, this is an IT certification forum. If you want medical advice, either post on a medical site, or visit a doctor. No-one here is qualified to offer you information you require. Especially not without seeing you, and knowing your medical history. If anyone here were to offer you medical advice (however well meaning), it could result in all sorts of issues.

Secondly, dream interpretation books/sites/etc are rubbish. Whilst there is often a lot of symbolism in dreams, any meaning cannot be universally derived. It means whatever your subconscious wants it to mean at that time. Or, depending on your viewpoint, they mean nothing at all, and are just mental processing.

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present
  3. dazza786

dazza786 Megabyte Poster

Rofl that was amazing.. Half way into your second paragraph, I thought it was going somewhere else lol

I wouldn't worry mate.
    As a kid, I used to have a dream where I'd be running away from some form of monster and I'd have a string attached to my back, so obviously couldn't get away, and then I woke up when it 'got me'. Annoyed me alot for the time that it happened but it just stopped one day. I think it was happening because I was remembering it before I went to sleep etc. Another one I had was where I needed to hit somebody, but when my fist was near their face, it was repelled like a magnet, and I could never hit them.
    I solved that one by actually punching them in the face in real life though.. worked a treat :biggrin

Certifications: MCP (271, 272, 270, 290, 291, 621, 681, 685), MCDST, MCTS, MCITP, MCSA, Security+, CCA(XA6.5)
  4. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

I tend to dream a lot that.... well, its hard to describe. its like every movement of my body is done through treacle. Its incredibly sluggish, and takes a lot of energy to even put one foot in front of the other.

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present
  5. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

lol

I used to have a recurring dream from the age of 5 until I was 9.

I was a servant of some sort to a 17th century lord and whilst I was carrying out my duties one stormy night I heard a bang and scream from the road outside. I would go to investigate and find a horsedrawn carriage in pieces and the occupants inside torn to shreads.

I would then go into the Living room to inform the master of what has happened but instead of finding the master sitting in his chair, he would be on the floor turning into a werewolf.

I would run to my quarters and hide under my bed covers after a while I would look up and all I would see is wolfs face and teeth then I would wake up.

This dream was always the same and never changed.

I always wondered why it was, I had been watching hammer horror films since the age of 4 (I was never into kids films, the only one I have seen all the way through is Mary Poppins) and I was quite used to seeing scrary and gory stuff. The first video I ever rented from a video shop was Conan the Barbarian at age 6 and still remains one of my favorite all time films.

So I never worked out why I had this recurring dream it was very vivid too.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2009
    Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  6. danielno8

danielno8 Gigabyte Poster

^^ haha i get that all the time, though i'm playing football everytime i get it. very strange feeling haha

Certifications: CCENT, CCNA
    WIP: CCNP
  7. VantageIsle

VantageIsle Kilobyte Poster

I once dreamed i had won the lottery (when I was younger and less cynical)

So, for a a few hours I know what it felt like to be a millionaire, Conclusion; It was good.

All dreams you don't understand are linked to buried insecurity about the size of your genitalia......
    probably :biggrin:twisted:

Certifications: A+, ITIL V3, MCSA, MCITP:EST, CCENT, 70-432-SQL, 70-401 SCCM
    WIP: MCSA upgrade MCITP:SA then EA