Step-by-Step: Basic Windows Deployment for IT Professionals

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by Kitkatninja, Feb 17, 2009.

1. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Step-by-Step: Basic Windows Deployment for IT Professionals

Thought that this may be of use to those that are playing around with Windows 7 & Windows 2008 R2.

The Windows® Automated Installation Kit (Windows AIK) is designed to help IT professionals deploy the Windows® 7 operating system.

This document demonstrates a basic example of how to configure and deploy a Windows® image. At the end of this process, you will have a valid answer file, a bootable Windows Preinstallation Environment (Windows PE) CD, and you will have deployed your first custom Windows image. After creating this basic answer file, you can modify it to include additional customizations. You can also automate parts of the process by scripting some of the manual steps in this scenario.

Read/see the Technet Step by Step guide here.

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  2. Simon-MCT

Simon-MCT Bit Poster

The Microsoft Deployment Toolkit is another thing to look at to automate the deployment of servers and desktops.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/desktopdeployment/default.aspx

Certifications: MCSE:Sec;MCITP; MCTS; MCT; A+,Sec+
    WIP: CCNA